Five users banned

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The following users have been banned from the Forum: Pink, Eric, Mclaren, Sarah Roberts, Stardust. They were all posting via the same Plusnet IP address and when asked to explain what was going on they did not respond even though some of the users visited the Forum this morning. The moderators and other staff of this Forum are reluctant to ban people but this appeared to be an attempt by an individual to create multiple personalities to promote a specific agenda. It is very clear that although Stardust repeatedly claimed not to have Internet access he was able by some means to make frequent visits to the Forum.

A very odd set of events and I have a feeling we haven't yet heard the last from whoever is behind this and we may need to take further steps to deal with the problem.

I suspect the initial Stardust posts requesting improvements in remote only usage were genuine and from the grandson's computer as claimed but that majority of the 'reaction' was from the grandson and possibly without the grandfathers knowledge

The following users have been banned from the Forum: Pink, Eric, Mclaren, Sarah Roberts, Stardust.
The odd ones are Eric and Sarah Roberts, who have been registered for a significant amount of time. Regarding the latter, the previous messages are of a completely different style to those posted this week. Could it have been an account takeover of some sort I wonder? Not so sure about Eric.
I suspected that at least two, possibly three, of the banned users were the same person.
Yes, I as much as said that the other night.
I suspect the initial Stardust posts requesting improvements in remote only usage were genuine and from the grandson's computer as claimed
I didn't. It just didn't ring true.

Oh and BTW, I'm a girl. Bet you all thought I was a bloke didn't you!

I suspect the initial Stardust posts requesting improvements in remote only usage were genuine and from the grandson's computer as claimed but that majority of the 'reaction' was from the grandson and possibly without the grandfathers knowledge

I didn't, when I was 69 I didn't use lol in posts!

OOOH there's some queer folk around here.
P.S. I am using the word queer in the 'old fashioned.' sense. You have to be so careful these days that you don't upset anyone.
Where is BH?

The following users have been banned from the Forum: Pink, Eric, Mclaren, Sarah Roberts, Stardust. They were all posting via the same Plusnet IP address and when asked to explain what was going on they did not respond even though some of the users visited the Forum this morning. The moderators and other staff of this Forum are reluctant to ban people but this appeared to be an attempt by an individual to create multiple personalities to promote a specific agenda. It is very clear that although Stardust repeatedly claimed not to have Internet access he was able by some means to make frequent visits to the Forum.

A very odd set of events and I have a feeling we haven't yet heard the last from whoever is behind this and we may need to take further steps to deal with the problem.

trog

Yesterday at 12:16 AM
"Its quite obviously a butthurt member using a sock account or even more than one to bolster his little hissy fit."

Its nice to proven right

:)

I have a suspect in mind too, maybe even with that loud hailer he was not getting the amount of attention he thought he deserved.

Back