FixDisk CloneMultiplyClaimedBlocks?

I wasn't arguing, just making sure the information as presented is strictly accurate. MET's remarks about me being condescending are rich in the light of post 14, and I was trying to help when nobody else had anything to contribute.

Frankly I regard his flare-up as his problem not mine.

Last edited:
From my point of view every single poster has been helpful so wearing a black curly wig let's "calm down, calm down",

now does anyone know who wrote "magic folders" which uses nicesplice?
(Yeah it's off-topic)

does anyone know who wrote "magic folders" which uses nicesplice?

Drutt, by the looks of it.

Code:
humax# opkg info nicesplice-magic-folders
Package: nicesplice-magic-folders
Version: 1.2
Depends: busybox, nicesplice, hmt
Provides:
Section: misc
Architecture: mipsel
Maintainer: drutt
MD5Sum: 875833cf7618042647be965d9df34d98
Size: 2136
Filename: nicesplice-magic-folders_1.2_mipsel.opk
Description: Allows editing of recordings using the remote by setting up monitored folders, and editing recordings dropped within.

I have now had enough. I'll only post again if I have a problem that I can't fix, and hope that the truly expert members of this forum are charitable enough to help me.

That seems a rather extreme reaction to what reads mostly as a factual and reasoned debate up to that point. Black Hole is right - you stated that the OP should install auto-unprotect without saying why and without providing the information needed for him to make an informed choice - that is, much slower copying back of HD content versus that content remaining encrypted; it also wasn't clear that this was an optional step.

You've both provided lots of good debate and information to this forum and the CFW and it would be a shame to lose either of you!

Do you know the saying "Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig; after a while you realise the pig likes it..."? There's nothing wrong with a good debate and I have experienced times when I'm happily continuing an argument only to find that the other person has at some point become angry. I suspect that often BH is just trying to clarify something or refine our collective understanding.

Re-read your post #11 - perfectly sound advice that would guide the OP through to a resolution, but that doesn't mean that BH isn't right when he points out the ambiguities or inaccuracy, just that most of us probably wouldn't have.

Yesterday FixDisk actually completed, after another round of CloneMultiply etc etc just over 2 hours,
which is a good sign.
The Seagate Pipeline I was about to buy wasn't still available so I'm going to try a WD Purple, hope it works in the Humax.

I would have though surveillance systems use hard disks in a very similar way to PVRs, both recording continuous multiple video streams

I would have though surveillance systems use hard disks in a very similar way to PVRs, both recording continuous multiple video streams
True but Western Digital manufacture drives intended primarily for surveillance systems and others intended primarily for PVRs so there must be some subtle differences but I have no idea what the differences are.

Yes they are surveillance drives but they are suddenly available for less money than CE (AV) drives (and a lot more stockists to choose from) and reading a bit deeper into it shows they may be somewhat overengineered in good ways for PVRs.
I will reply on this thread with the code and whether it installs/formats or not.
If not for the Humax It'll be for other storage.

I asked WD what drive they recommend for PVR's and the answer came back as the WD Purple. I've had a 2TB one in my HDR-T2 for a couple of months now with no issues. It replaced a 2TB Seagate Pipeline which as developing faults. I've had a few issues with Seagate drives in PVR's and PC's of late and lost confidence in them. THIS also did not help!

Wish me luck, new drive going in when this one's finished a fix-disc.
Not much on tonight : The Saboteurs but I don't really mind if I miss that.

Disc is in, recognised, formatted.

Downloading Webif, seems to hang at channelicons.opk,
I'll try from the other PC...
Repeatedly failed to download/install the packages

so put the Webif bundle on USB and that installed fine
so I could use t'internet to install disable ota/etc and redring.

Last edited:
I've been running this purple drive since July, and it's been good.
Less problems than the original Seagate and not a single installation glitch.
One month isn't much but so far ... good buy.

One and a half years later (can it really be?) and in December 2016 this WD purple drive has been so much more stable than the original Seagate.
I get far fewer errors within recordings, and far fewer cropping errors.
I would recommend this drive absolutely.

One and a half years later (can it really be?) and in December 2016 this WD purple drive has been so much more stable than the original Seagate.
I get far fewer errors within recordings, and far fewer cropping errors.
I would recommend this drive absolutely.
Thanks for the feedback; keep us updated in another years time.

Hey Martin!
It is now February 2019 and this WD Purple is doing sterling service,
hardly any errors, i.e. fails during the crop operation.
Loads of FTP transfers, etc. Maybe one or two fixdisc sessions to enable later removal of undeletable files.
So THREE and a half years so far.
(Would buy again)

It is now February 2019 and this WD Purple is doing sterling service,
hardly any errors, i.e. fails during the crop operation.
Loads of FTP transfers, etc. Maybe one or two fixdisc sessions to enable later removal of undeletable files.
So THREE and a half years so far.
(Would buy again)
Thanks for giving a long term update. How many power on hours and are there any reallocated sectors?

Back