[FlatView] Provide flattened view of recordings

Today I got an RS email stating that [Flatview]/TFI Friday/TFI Friday.... had failed. On checking tonight I can see that the .hmt file has remained in the [Flatview] folder after the watched flag removed the other files in the set.
Thanks - I can see why that would happen. I'll fix it!

Trev, looks like 'epgpatch' hasn't kept up-to-date with the latest changes to recmon, I'll have to fix it.
Don't worry about the orphaned messages, it just means that the original has been removed from the original location, or that it is no longer eligible for inclusion.

Not sure whether it's detectads or what, but:

If I hover on the Main Screen Title bar. The info drop down reads:
Chase playing 15 to one (no I'm not)
Recording The Jeremy Kyle Show (correct)
(what am I watching?)
Sometimes the JC and 15 to1 chaseplay is reversed

If I then click the Title bar. The Info drop down reads:
Recording 15 To One (correct)
Watching 6: ITV2 (correct)
This is what the box is actually doing. But this does not happen every time and is not necessarily repeatable. It just seems to do as it likes with half truths and lies.:frantic:

Not sure whether it's detectads or what, but:

If I hover on the Main Screen Title bar. The info drop down reads:
Chase playing 15 to one (no I'm not)
(what am I watching?)
Sometimes the JC and 15 to1 chaseplay is reversed

If I then click the Title bar. The Info drop down reads:
Recording 15 To One (correct)
Watching 6: ITV2 (correct)
This is what the box is actually doing. But this does not happen every time and is not necessarily repeatable. It just seems to do as it likes with half truths and lies.:frantic:
The status display does show Chase playing when DetectAds is processing because there is no interface to allow DA to tell status that it is running, it switches between recording and chase playing because DA reads the file in 30 second bursts to allow it to process two simultaneous recordings.

If you use TV diary it gets really confused when DA is running! ;)

However Status can get it wrong even without help from DA, last night it showed I had three programs playing simultaneously instead of one playing and two recording (both BBC so no DA involvement)

I suggest you need to go and see your doctor.
Jeez prpr. It was only a test recording on ITV for the ads. Honest me'lud.

@MM. Thanks for the heads up on that. I had not noticed this before. But not saying that it hadn't happened though.

Right. The three recordings that I made this afternoon are all present and correct with no spurious files lurking around. :)I( had to hunt around a bit to find the original uncropped ones though.;)
Now to get chav city off my box:rolling:

In my video folder I have two copies of All Star Mr. and Mrs. made on 22-10-15. One has the -Crop tag (not the -Crop Done tag) (1.42 GiB) and the other doesn't (2.24 GiB) Both have the AD icon. Other recordings I made at the same time(ish) are OK except that in the WI, I also got at some time a big red banner saying 'Auto Decrypt Failed' but can't remember on what programme. I also got a -len error warning on a recording but didn't not if there was any correlation.
Note to self: I must take more notice and accurately record error messages so that I can accurately and completely report the circumstances.

RS emails are reporting more failed recordings in [Flatview], this time un watched. No reports in the original folders..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having recently removed the Flatview package, and deleted the recordings that were shown in Flatview prior to removal, there is still an entry in my [deleted] folder containing flatview and two recordings, I am reluctant to try to delete the [Deleted] / [Flatview] folder and it's contents as I think it may mess things up, is it possible to 'clear-up' these entries?

upload_2015-10-25_11-5-59.png

I don't think deleting that folder will mess anything up, but you may want a second opinion on that.

The usual method of removing the FlatView package is just to go ahead and remove it without deleting anything first, any linked recordings in the tree will be left behind. If you delete recordings in the FlatView area before removal of FlatView, the originals may also be deleted (this may or may not be what you want). Any recordings left in the dustbin are scheduled for deletion any way so you can delete them if you wish (assuming that you no longer need them).

The actual files have been deleted (which is what I wanted), however they still appear as in the image above and also in the on-screen 'Media' screen under [Deleted], the expiry time for my [Deleted] files is only one day, so I'll see if they disappear tomorrow - Thanks

I really like this package as its a quick way to see what my box has been up to recently. I have noticed however that failed recordings, which do appear in the media list as 0min recordings, do not appear in the flatten view. I was just wondering if it would be possible to also include these in the view so we can easily spot any failed recordings, which can easily go unnoticed in a folder.

I have ended up with a couple of orphaned .hmt files in my Flatview folder - not sure how

The RS failed recording checker finds them and other failures in other folders

Please ignore if I've asked this before, but whilst we're suggesting RFEs, it would be nice if we could have FlatView dirs for subsets of the entire tree.

e.g. I only record about 5% of the programmes on the family Humax; when I want to see what I've recorded recently, it's either been swamped, or even ejected, by all the other progs recently recorded.

If I could have a FlatView entry in "my" top-level dir, that would be very useful. Perhaps I could request that (from the CF) by manually creating such a dir, and the pkg code would populate it for me.

thanks for considering.

The RS failed recording checker finds them and other failures in other folders

I've never used it as I have no need for Remote scheduling, but the email alerts would be very useful. Maybe I should use it just for that...

Been finding this package very useful, thanks !
I find that it never keeps the correct count of files in the folder. I guess this is because is not sinking with Dedup or something. Of is it just me?
Thanks again.

Back