[FlexView ] A flexible way to manage your recordings

MymsMan

Ad detector
flexview.png flexviewB.png
I have recently uploaded the flexview package to the repository

A description has been added to the wiki http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/FlexView

FlexView is intended to offer an alternative to the traditional webif to allow you to view an manage your recording inventory in whatever way suits you.

As the name suggests the emphasis is on maximum flexibility, you can:

• Choose which attributes are displayed.
  • Choose the display order
  • Change the display size.
  • Change the display format (more flexibility to come)
  • Sort and filter on nearly all attributes
  • Allow table to grow to accommodate data or fix table size
  • Hide the directory tree
  • Refresh individual folder
  • Display multiple folders simultaneously
  • Save your preferred display options for re-use
  • Switch between saved formats
  • Use all of the Browse context menu commands (plus a few more)
FlexView does not change the contents of your disk (unlike FlatView) so it does not change the on TV, using remote control, view of recordings

Both the package and wiki pages are works in progress and in need of improvement

Many thanks to af123 for previewing the packages, changing the webif to incorporate and designing the icons, do you prefer the warped or bloated versions?

The bendy one, as that seems to be what you are doing rather than bloating them, even if it does bloat the CF :D

I would have called it "Lister".

The wiki section "Under the Covers" - rename it "Under the Bonnet" or "Under the Hood".

I think the WebIF icon should be totally distinct from the current media browser icon. Something that gives the impression of a multi-pane file manager.

My Hummy does not seem to display the icon for flex ivied on the main page on my iPad.
I've tried it on safari and chrome. Cleared history etc. On chrome. Same problem.
59a0aa82e40e2c7cf2de8428dd7a9fd6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have installed FlexView on one of my boxes, and as mentioned by HarveyB, the icon does not display. When I click on the Flexible View text, I get a blank screen below the webif header.

Edit: My webif-error log contains
Code:
10    at file "/mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim", line 229
9    /mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim:229: Error: can't read "plugins(flcolumn)": no such element in array
8    at file "/mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim", line 229
7    /mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim:229: Error: can't read "plugins(flcolumn)": no such element in array
6    at file "/mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim", line 229
5    /mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim:229: Error: can't read "plugins(flcolumn)": no such element in array
4    at file "/mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim", line 229
3    /mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim:229: Error: can't read "plugins(flcolumn)": no such element in array
2    at file "/mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim", line 229
1    /mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim:229: Error: can't read "plugins(flcolumn)": no such element in array
and my flexview log contains
Code:
15    21/03/2016 21:47:03 - gohook mod mm_diag last mm_pkg
14    21/03/2016 21:41:53 - gohook mod mm_pkg last flexview
13    21/03/2016 21:41:36 - gohook mod flexview last flexview
12    21/03/2016 21:37:51 - gohook mod flexview last flexview
11    21/03/2016 21:33:33 - gohook mod flexview last mm_settings
10    21/03/2016 21:32:49 - gohook mod mm_settings last flexview
9    21/03/2016 21:31:25 - gohook mod flexview last mm_diag
8    21/03/2016 21:28:49 - gohook mod mm_diag last mm_pkg
7    21/03/2016 21:23:04 - gohook mod mm_pkg last flexview
6    21/03/2016 21:22:29 - gohook mod flexview last flexview
5    21/03/2016 20:54:15 - gohook mod flexview last flexview
4    21/03/2016 20:49:15 - gohook mod flexview last flexview
3    21/03/2016 20:45:49 - gohook mod flexview last mm_settings
2    21/03/2016 20:45:09 - gohook mod mm_settings last flexview
1    21/03/2016 20:44:47 - gohook mod flexview last mm_pkg

Last edited:
I have installed FlexView on one of my boxes, and as mentioned by HarveyB, the icon does not display. When I click on the Flexible View text, I get a blank screen below the webif header.
Are you also using an iPad or tablet?
I have only tested with windows laptop machines though I cant think of any reason why it shouldn't work with any browser, especially displaying the icon.

I did have to delete Humax browser cookies to resolve a problem with using the Back button on some menus but not with basic invocation

Are there any messages in the browser log (F12 key) or webif-error log on humax diag menu

Are you also using an iPad or tablet?
I have only tested with windows laptop machines though I cant think of any reason why it shouldn't work with any browser, especially displaying the icon.

I did have to delete Humax browser cookies to resolve a problem with using the Back button on some menus but not with basic invocation
I am using a windows laptop with chrome browser, and have just tried an iPad with safari browser, the results are the same.

The icon is missing - just flexviewB.png in img/ and the menu references flexview.png.
Not sure about the error but it's working ok for me (but then I had several test versions installed previously)

Are there any messages in the browser log (F12 key) or webif-error log on humax diag menu
The browser log (F12 Key) shows 1 error
Code:
script.js?1.2.8-11:1042 Uncaught ReferenceError: dirColModel is not defined
my webif error log is shown in post #6.

The icon is missing - just flexviewB.png in img/ and the menu references flexview.png.
Not sure about the error but it's working ok for me (but then I had several test versions installed previously)
I am puzzled by the flcolumn error, the processing is identical to that for dircolumn which precedes it - will have to think about it

I have corrected the icon and removed the gohook message but will try to solve the flcolumn message before updating package

update: I have found the source of the problem - you don't have detectads installed but it is too late at night for me to spot why the absence of the flexview hook file is causing a problem. Probably something too blatantly obvious for me to see.

Last edited:
marvellous! thanks much indeed for this.

I can't quite see how, but it is possible to get it to show a single flat view of all recordings? i.e. without using the [FlatView] dir?

I have to restrict my [FlatView] to the last week; it takes far too long if I set it to all-time, so it would be nice to have a logical view of the flat list, than can be sorted, etc.

thanks much again.

Had a quick play with this last night, looks great and makes it much easier to have a tidy up of the hard drive.

I'm also missing the icon...

marvellous! thanks much indeed for this.

I can't quite see how, but it is possible to get it to show a single flat view of all recordings? i.e. without using the [FlatView] dir?

I have to restrict my [FlatView] to the last week; it takes far too long if I set it to all-time, so it would be nice to have a logical view of the flat list, than can be sorted, etc.

thanks much again.
If you check the SEL box on the My Video folder it will show the contents of all your series folders, excluding special folders such as [flatview], _original, [Deleted items]. SEL doesn't percolate down to lower level folders unless the tree node has been expanded.

Beware that if you have a large number of folders and recordings Sel can take a while to process especially if the box is busy recording.

Er, how about: Line 37 of /mod/webif/plugin/flexview/index.jim has "flcolumnn" rather than "flcolumn"
Thanks, I knew it would be trivial but sometimes you can stare at something without spotting the obvious!

Version 1.1-1 should be available from 3pm.

Sorry for the delay but the Magnificent Mad Madam Mym's birthday lunch took precedence :)

If you check the SEL box on the My Video folder it will show the contents of all your series folders, excluding special folders such as [flatview], _original, [Deleted items]. SEL doesn't percolate down to lower level folders unless the tree node has been expanded.

Beware that if you have a large number of folders and recordings Sel can take a while to process especially if the box is busy recording.

Yes, thanks very much; I discovered the SEL behaviour, and that it doesn't percolate down.

In those terms, my request is for an option to allow it to percolate down - delay understood - so that I can then see a flat list - on the RHS - of all my recordings (barring those special ones).

that would be very useful, please.

The TV Diary pkg gives a flat list, but it's static. A dynamic, sortable, configurable list would be fantastic, even if it takes a few mins to appear.

Having to open the tree for each entry isn't an option, if you have dozens of nested dirs...

thanks again for considering; great work :)

Yes, thanks very much; I discovered the SEL behaviour, and that it doesn't percolate down.

In those terms, my request is for an option to allow it to percolate down - delay understood - so that I can then see a flat list - on the RHS - of all my recordings (barring those special ones).

that would be very useful, please.

The TV Diary pkg gives a flat list, but it's static. A dynamic, sortable, configurable list would be fantastic, even if it takes a few mins to appear.

Having to open the tree for each entry isn't an option, if you have dozens of nested dirs...

thanks again for considering; great work :)

An expand all/collapse all option is on my to-do list.

In the mean time the expansion and selection options are stored in the configuration so you could manually expand your subtrees once check Sel at the top level then save a new configuration 'My full file list'. Next time you reload that configuration it will automatically expand all of the nodes and load the file details -including any leaf directories that have been created in the meantime.

If you do want to see the contents of special directories they can be expanded, selected and saved in a configuration just like any other directory - they are just not automatically included when propagating select of a higher level node.

Back