Forum is Self-Linking

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I don't know how else to describe it (iPad/iOS/Safari).

When opening the forum in the browser, it goes through a few jerks and eventually settles down (annoying), but leaves a "back" trail with an extra entry for the forum page currently displayed. It never used to do this.

I don't know how else to describe it (iPad/iOS/Safari).

When opening the forum in the browser, it goes through a few jerks and eventually settles down (annoying), but leaves a "back" trail with an extra entry for the forum page currently displayed. It never used to do this.

So when you press "Back", you don't move back?

Correct, I have to go back twice (quickly). And if I go back, I can't go forward again because the page reloads and thinks it is on a new trajectory.

Correct, I have to go back twice (quickly). And if I go back, I can't go forward again because the page reloads and thinks it is on a new trajectory.

There is an identical glitch on Amazon, too, related to using one version of Adblock, maybe Adblock+.

I don't use Adblock (or anything similar), and IE8 on Win7 is behaving better - but I notice there are still glitches associated with Google advertising.

OK, the double loading is gone now, but (iPad/Safari) there is still an annoying page resize on the home page as something opens outside the normal frame and then closes (or relocates) again (iPad/Safari scales the width of the display to include everything). If I don't wait for everything to settle down, I click something I didn't want clicked.

Don't other iPad users see the same?

Back