Forum Rules Proposals

this is turnin into a farse of corse its the plase of the forum to kerekt lack off nolege, its what peepl want elce thay wudnt ask the kweschuns

Agreed, but isn't the forums the place to correct lack of knowledge about the Humax, rather than syntax :)

To return to a subject I raised many moons ago: presentation aids clarity, and clarity aids understanding.

Oh really?

Sorry I've not been around much recently - but it's comforting to see nothings changed :rolleyes:. I'm off to The Arms for a drink :confused:

To return to a subject I raised many moons ago: presentation aids clarity, and clarity aids understanding.
You missed a bit to complete the circle of comprehension "... and understanding aids presentation." ;)

Which is another way of saying that often someone does not present their problem clearly as they don't understand enough about it to know what people need to be able to help them.

Replying to the original query

I think guidance rather than rules would be a good idea

The aim should be to improve the forum for all both poster and responder

E.g.

Be clear when you post
Re read your post to ensure it makes sense to someone else
No profanity, religious hatred etc.
Discuss but don't argue (not sure how this is defined)

I personally am not that bothered about spelling or grammar as long as the post is clear - mine is poor and I don't have a spell checker.

Back