Fox t2 hd signal breaking up

Hi, I thought I'd post a quick update. I purchased an identical second-hand replacement box online and have swapped the new device in, leaving everything else identical (including all the cables) apart from the box itself. The problem disappeared immediately and hasn't returned. It looks to me like it was a hardware fault in the box itself, presumably with the tuner components.

Hi, I thought I'd post a quick update. I purchased an identical second-hand replacement box online and have swapped the new device in, leaving everything else identical (including all the cables) apart from the box itself. The problem disappeared immediately and hasn't returned. It looks to me like it was a hardware fault in the box itself, presumably with the tuner components.
Hi.. my replacement been working fine since I installed in in September, so hopefully you’ll be fine.

Hi

My box is displaying the same failts as the two previous boxes on this thread. If I get a new one should I replace the hdd from the new box into the old and see if the problems persist with the tuner ? It should be fairly easy?

Hi

My box is displaying the same failts as the two previous boxes on this thread. If I get a new one should I replace the hdd from the new box into the old and see if the problems persist with the tuner ? It should be fairly easy?
Surely you mean move the disk from the old box into the new.
Easy if you use the custom firmware to decrypt all existing recordings on the old box before moving the disk, There are other methods of decrypting the recordings but they will involve more work.

I presume you are wondering whether the problems are anything to do with the HDD. They are probably not, but it's easy to find out: just disconnect the HDD (the HDR-FOX works as a tuner without needing a HDD).

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-hardware-commissioning-disassembly-repair.5728/
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/steps-for-resolving-hdr-fox-crash-reboot-issues.5320/

Right

So recorded the same program from the same aerial on two boxes. The problem box breakup, the other no breakup.

It seems obvious that the hdd is kaputing.

Time to replace.

Back