Fox t2 hd signal breaking up

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
just another point, should my pc see the hard drive out of this one? I have a Sata usb docking station.
It depends what you mean by "see". What operating system is the PC running? I would expect it to at least detect the presence of the hard drive but if it is a Windows PC I wouldn't expect you to be able to view the file system without additional drivers.

OP
M

Mancav

It depends what you mean by "see". What operating system is the PC running? I would expect it to at least detect the presence of the hard drive but if it is a Windows PC I wouldn't expect you to be able to view the file system without additional drivers.
Yeah black hole said windows wouldn’t. Pc bleeps when I plug the docking station in, but can’t read it. Not a major problem, from what I’ve read on here I will be able to copy my files to the new t2 via usb with the docking station. I did have the decrypt package loaded.

Luke

Well-Knwοn Мember
I did have the decrypt package loaded.
Was the package auto-unprotect?
Auto-unprotect allows the HDR-FOX T2 to decrypt recordings by removing the decryption protection.. Just installing the auto-unprotect package doesn't on its own do any decryption.
Did you then do anything to decrypt any of your recordings?

OP
M

Mancav

Was the package auto-unprotect?
Auto-unprotect allows the HDR-FOX T2 to decrypt recordings by removing the decryption protection.. Just installing the auto-unprotect package doesn't on its own do any decryption.
Did you then do anything to decrypt any of your recordings?
Maybe I misunderstood that then. I did copy some small files to a usb drive which I thought were hidef but maybe they were just standard.

OP
M

Mancav

I got a replacement fox t2 from the auction site. Unit and remote look like new and after all checks and formatting etc., setup, tuned and been running for a few days now. It’s installed with all my existing cabling exactly as my other one was for years. There has been no sign whatsoever of the pixilation or other problems I was having. I’ve recorded lots of random channels and all playbacks are fine. So it was obviously some sort of hardware problem. Not surprising after almost 10 years constant use without a problem until the other week. I have also got another one coming, and at £42 and £45, if they perform anywhere near as well as my original I will be well pleased. Thanks to everyone who chipped in with advice, I know a lot more about these units now.