fox t2 Seagate exact replacement not seen by humax t2

rearanger

We have replaced a Seagate drive in a fox T2. However the humax does not see the new internal drive and storage option is greyed out.

The humax is on custom firmware.

I have tried formatting the drive on a desktop to ntfs and to fat32. Still is not recognized on the humax. can anyone help????

I have just told the humax box to reset to factory defaults with format . Now has been displaying "processing" for last 30 mins.

lba 0 error ...smart falure

put the old hd on a desktop just to double check faults. Desktop said backup drive as it had faults

I have thwe old HD here still works but has faults

So, reading between the lines, it is entirely possible that the SATA interface is busted rather than the HDD itself.

It may be possible to confirm this hypothesis by connecting the new drive via a USB to SATA converter. It will be of no use in practical terms, but if it is recognised as external storage you've proven the drive.

unsure but the old hd is defo knackered. I can use the old hd it records and deletes.

the old he can be formatted from humax menu. (but still has errors)

Shame - there have been some rare reports of drives not being visible with the custom firmware kernel.
It might be worth trying stock 1.03.12 just in case.

now trying stock and a system flush

tried 2 latest original firmware's

They still have storage greyed out.

Last edited:
I have found that the HDR-FOX does not like a preformatted disk. Try connecting to a Windows PC (for example) with a SATA-USB adapter and use the Disk Management tool to change the storage type to unallocated. Then eject and reconnect to the HDR-FOX and see if you have more luck when it boots up.

So, reading between the lines, it is entirely possible that the SATA interface is busted rather than the HDD itself.

It may be possible to confirm this hypothesis by connecting the new drive via a USB to SATA converter. It will be of no use in practical terms, but if it is recognised as external storage you've proven the drive.

New hd has been tested on a desktop , its been formatted to fat32 and also ntfs. So I would assume new hd is good.

I have found that the HDR-FOX does not like a preformatted disk. Try connecting to a Windows PC (for example) with a SATA-USB adapter and use the Disk Management tool to change the storage type to unallocated. Then eject and reconnect to the HDR-FOX and see if you have more luck when it boots up.

Not tried that.....will give it a go now...

nope....storage is still greyed out. Anyone got any other ideas. (my final try would be to take partition table from old Drive and transfer to new one + format to ext3)

ok I have just tried an old sata laptop hd and the humax offers to format it.

I have just ordered a ST1000VM002. Which should work.

Back