Closed Poll FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware Forum

Would you be interested in a FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware Forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Would there be any interest in having a separate forum for the FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware?

Feel free to discuss this here, and if the demand is sufficient, I shall set up the new forum and move the appropriate threads.

I don't know what Raydon might have to say about it, but a whole forum (with multiple topics) seems a much better support medium than the single topic on AVForums. It's more a question of whether the users will transfer.

BH said:
It's more a question of whether the users will transfer.
Single topic, three installments of 1000 posts each!!! Finding info on the other site is a nightmare. :frantic: I'm certain that the members here will be able to answer a lot of the questions asked. And don't the 'usual suspects' lurk about on this site anyway?

There are so many repeated questions with answers 'over there' of which, a lot could be stickies in a sensibly organised forum:)

But if Raydon doesn't give it his attention, there won't be much point (Raydon being af123's equivalent in the Foxsat world).

Would there be any interest in having a separate forum for the FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware?

Feel free to discuss this here, and if the demand is sufficient, I shall set up the new forum and move the appropriate threads.

Excellent idea.

At the least a sub-forum on here could be useful as a way of indexing into the relevant parts of the monolithic topics over on AVF.

Single topic, three installments of 1000 posts each!!! Finding info on the other site is a nightmare.
Maybe so, given the layout on AV Forums, but I can't agree that information is not readily available. One of the main differences between the HDR Fox T2 webif, and the Foxsat HDR webif is that on the Foxsat, all relevant information is in a comprehensive documentation system contained within the Web Interface itself. This comprises of a series of heirarchically tabbed pages, with very detailed information on custom firmware, all available packages and plug-ins, and full instructions on their installation and use. No forum based wiki is required, since the information is already there at your fingertips.

These pages should be the first port-of-call for any user requiring information. Unfortunately, human nature dictates that the documentation is the last place users look for answers. It's much easier to be spoon fed by asking in the forum. Consequently, new users continue to fill the threads with the same old questions. This is always going to happen, regardless of whether it's on here, AV forums, or anywhere else. All I can say to that is R.T.F.M.

I don't mind either way about a dedicated forum being created here for the Foxsat, but historically, my support has always been provided on AV Forums and that is where it will continue. I don't have the time, or the will to be quite honest, to fully support both venues, and I will not abandon the faithful followers on AV Forums. However, I look in here now and again to get updates on the latest gizmo from af123 for my T2 box, and will always try to respond to any Foxsat related questions if I can. It just won't be immediate.

Quite understandable too. Post once and let others do the job of promulgating the info elsewhere. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments, I have set up a FOXSAT-HDR Customised Firmware forum HERE, this a sub-forum of the main FOXSAT-HDR Freesat Recorder forum.

Most of the CF related threads have now been moved, although there may still be a few remaining in the FOXSAT-HDR Freesat Recorder forum, these will be moved soon.

Back