Foxsat HDR has started missing random recordings

SaxyLady

My HDR has started missing random recordings. It's happened at least three times in the last week. I don't get any failed recordings; they just remain on the schedule, in the same way that they do after the last one of a series has been recorded (except without doing the job first!). And it's not because the tuners have been busy on other programmes either. Any ideas? Any-one else experienced this?

Any help greatly appreciated - I love my hummy and don't want to lose confidence in it. :disagree:

Examples?

Note that the three part Public Enemies on BBC1 did not start on Tuesday as originally planned but ran from Wednesday to Friday instead with the last episode not series-linked to the first two,

Examples?

Note that the three part Public Enemies on BBC1 did not start on Tuesday as originally planned but ran from Wednesday to Friday instead with the last episode not series-linked to the first two,

Hi Gomezz

Thanks for taking the time to help me. Yes Public Enemies was one of them - it missed part 3 - but shouldn't that have got picked up by the series link?

It also missed Eastenders on Tuesday 3rd Jan and Russell Howard, not sure on what day, but it was the start of the new series.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Yes Public Enemies was one of them - it missed part 3 - but shouldn't that have got picked up by the series link?
In an ideal world where nobody, not even TV schedulers in a rush making last-minute changes, ever makes a mistake then yes it should have been.

That is why when this sort of thing happens it is a good idea to recheck the EPG / Schedule List to make sure that all your timers are still there. Unfortunately, on the Humax, for a series this means tediously scrolling through every day on the EPG as the Schedule List only shows the next episode and not all of them as any half-decent UI would. :(

... as the Schedule List only shows the next episode and not all of them as any half-decent UI would. :(

If you press the right cursor key when on an entry in the schedule list, it does show upcoming episodes.

If you press the right cursor key when on an entry in the schedule list, it does show upcoming episodes.

In an ideal world where nobody, not even TV schedulers in a rush making last-minute changes, ever makes a mistake then yes it should have been.

That is why when this sort of thing happens it is a good idea to recheck the EPG / Schedule List to make sure that all your timers are still there. Unfortunately, on the Humax, for a series this means tediously scrolling through every day on the EPG as the Schedule List only shows the next episode and not all of them as any half-decent UI would. :(

Thanks - I hadn't even realised that it had been re-scheduled, so would never have thought to check!!

Still doesn't explain the other 2 missed recordings and I'm sure that Eastenders was on as usual. Now very nervous of relying on this machine and have gone back to my PVR9200; we only bought the Foxsat because of poor signal through the aerial and now that analogue has gone the original machine will hopefully be OK.

Thanks for your help Gommez

I think that he is referring to the T2 boxes which do have this feature.

Oh yes it is!
;)

Not once you're in and reading the thread : )
Fair enough, I don't think I have an excuse for this one at all.

I can't keep up with all this technology, can we go back to using a Gopher server?

Just discovered this problem, set the PVR to record the series of 'The Story of Musicals' on BBC4 at 9.00pm on Tuesdays.

It recorded the first 2 parts, but failed to record the last part, last night. :(

Just discovered this problem, set the PVR to record the series of 'The Story of Musicals' on BBC4 at 9.00pm on Tuesdays.

It recorded the first 2 parts, but failed to record the last part, last night. :(

My Hummy (and my other Freesat box) occasionally misses recordings. Often with me it's because I forget to set the recording - perhaps I need a TiVo which will do the thinking for me :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think that this is a Freesat (and Freeview) thing. I don't get the problem with Virgin, nor did I get the problem with Sky when I subscribed to them. I like to watch both the Anglia and London ITV evening regional news. I can watch one and record the other if I'm in, but I record both just in case I'm not. The series links for these have never been reliable on either Freeview or Freesat. My workaround on the Hummy is to set up a Mon-Fri 18:00-18:30 regular recording and a 'single' EPG record for each of the weekend ones.

Don't forget that for Freesat the EPG change process includes Sky who, of course, have no interest in making absolutely sure the information is correct and up to date.

Back