FOXSAT HDR ..HELP

Jack

Need help..new to freesat and I've just tried my first attempt at recording. That seemed to work (I'll find out tomorrow), but my concern is that I cannot switch to many of the previously available channels whilst recording. The only HD channel available is ITV 1 and the other standard channels such as ITV2,ITV3, ITV4,E4 are unavailable. I can instant record a second channel. Checking the "Menu" Setup is impossible ,the cursor simply passes over it, so checking signal strength on both cables is not possible. All was fine until the recording started. Ideas gentlemen please.

How many cables do you have running from the satellite dish to the HDR? You need two (or a double-core shotgun cable).

Sounds like your hdr is in single cable mode. Look at the back of the box there are 3 f connections. Check that your two cables are connected to the two outer ones and the centre one is not connected, If this is the case with the box in sby correct the problem and do a factory reset, The box should report two cable found during the reset. If not post again for more help.

Sounds like your hdr is in single cable mode. Look at the back of the box there are 3 f connections. Check that your two cables are connected to the two outer ones and the centre one is not connected, If this is the case with the box in sby correct the problem and do a factory reset, The box should report two cable found during the reset. If not post again for more help.
Thank you Graham,
When the current recording has ended I'll see if I can get into the SETUP . Originally when I first set up the unit it showed both cables and their strength, I'm hoping when recording has finished all will be "open" again and I can re-check.

Thank you Graham,
When the current recording has ended I'll see if I can get into the SETUP . Originally when I first set up the unit it showed both cables and their strength, I'm hoping when recording has finished all will be "open" again and I can re-check.
Carrying on from last night...recording ended....Setup Menu now available...Both tiuners at Strength 80% Quality 70%....11953 H27500 2/3 software HPRFSCI 1.00.15.
I have set up again ..clearly shows two connections..re-tuned strength 90% quality 100% 10788.V.22000, 5/6..those last codes seem to represent codes I've seen for manual upgrade...could that be a reason for the strange problems? A partial upgrade..I did upgrade using a usb stick not OTA.

When going to Guide ,selecting Yellow button for schedule ,below the item selected for future record there are various squiggles,selecting the squiggles shows that ITV3 is locked into this .I can't delete it but I can change items within such as the channel. It looks as if I'm going to have to carry out a full factory reset.(or format the hard drive) Still can't figure out what happened.

When going to Guide ,selecting Yellow button for schedule ,below the item selected for future record there are various squiggles,selecting the squiggles shows that ITV3 is locked into this .I can't delete it but I can change items within such as the channel. It looks as if I'm going to have to carry out a full factory reset.(or format the hard drive) Still can't figure out what happened.
Well I formatted the drive..makes no difference ..took a close (magnifier) look at the manual and the "squggles" are there..they seem to be formatting symbols for time and date..so that was a red herring.Recording worked and all channels are available. It is not possible to access quite a few items on the Menu when a recording is in action( including SETUP section)..so that clears that. As a newbie can somebody explain the tuner information mine now reads 12606,V,27500,3/4 ..is this related to the channel being watched?

Yes. If you go into the Manual Tune section you will see the list of parameters these values relate to. These can be useful for tuning in specific channels in non-Freesat mode. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is that V means Vertical Polarisation.

Well I formatted the drive..makes no difference ..took a close (magnifier) look at the manual and the "squggles" are there..they seem to be formatting symbols for time and date..so that was a red herring.Recording worked and all channels are available. It is not possible to access quite a few items on the Menu when a recording is in action( including SETUP section)..so that clears that. As a newbie can somebody explain the tuner information mine now reads 12606,V,27500,3/4 ..is this related to the channel being watched?

12606 is the frequency in MHz the transponder uses, V is for vertical polarisation (H being horizontal), 27500 is the symbol rate and 3/4 is the fec.

More info here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19948

70% is on the low side for quality, probably your dish alignment needs attention. Full list used by freesat here (just frequency polarisation and satellite transmitting the channel.

http://humaxgoodies.weebly.com/freesat-channels-by-transponder.html

Thank you Graham after the re setup I seem to be getting 90% and 100% but will that vary channel to channel? I suppose I could put my problem down to computer glitch??. The channels by transponder info is great, thanks again

Thank you Graham after the re setup I seem to be getting 90% and 100% but will that vary channel to channel? I suppose I could put my problem down to computer glitch??. The channels by transponder info is great, thanks again

Yes it will but not by channel but by transponder and also by current weather conditions (that's why you only need to check one channel from each transponder). Heavy rain will reduce the signal strength and quality. The ones marked EB1 are generally the weakest.

Thanks to you Gomezz and Graham I'm learning bit by bit. I have noted in electrical storms problems do occur. I'll check each transponder just to see what's what. Good advice I'll work on it. From what I've read the non freesat channels are non too good is that your experience?

Checked about 16 TP Those marked EB1 are Strength/Quality 90/70 down to 85/60 the non EB1 are all 90/100

Checked about 16 TP Those marked EB1 are Strength/Quality 90/70 down to 85/60 the non EB1 are all 90/100

Your alignment is favouring Astra 2 at 28.2E over EB1 at 28.5E. EB1 and Astra 2 use a different skew setting (the twist of the lnb in it's holder), is there a noticeable difference between the EB1 Horizontal and Vertical transponders ?
Thanks to you Gomezz and Graham I'm learning bit by bit. I have noted in electrical storms problems do occur. I'll check each transponder just to see what's what. Good advice I'll work on it. From what I've read the non freesat channels are non too good is that your experience?

No difference really (assuming you are talking signal quality - content quality is an entirely different thing :), most channels not on the freesat epg are pretty dire), non-freesat channels are just the same as the others, those on the Freesat epg are the same channels, those not will vary just like the ones that are. Freesat does not have any channels it's just an epg service.

Back