Foxsat HDR stuck in delete loop

Is this something you expect? I would only expect that once you have used CF to configure SMB (samba).
Yes. it was visible before before but this is a side issue. The prime concern is that I cannot get a browser to open the Humax CF web interface despite seeing the humax IP in my router DHCP list and being able to ping it.

Yes. it was visible before before but this is a side issue.
Then I suspect you must have configured Samba before, and need to configure Samba again. Bear in mind WIn10 does not automatically support SMBv1.

The prime concern is that I cannot get a browser to open the Humax CF web interface despite seeing the humax IP in my router DHCP list and being able to ping it.
Sounds like something is very sick.

So from what we can tell the IP stack on the HDR is working (DHCP server, ARP entry and ping response) but some of the expected services aren't responding (telnet, http, samba). There is some evidence from the telnet install log that the location where the CF services live (/opt) is inaccessible.

To check general disk function can you confirm whether or not you can record and play a TV program, play a pre-existing recording and successfully pause and then restart live TV? These tests use normal RW access to the HD and if they don't work there's a very fundamental problem.

I've seen some instances when telnet and http have been broken it has been possible to rescue things with FTP. Can you confirm whether or not CF FTP is working ?

If not and we suspect an odd HD issue there are some checks we can try.

The /opt directory is located in mnt/hd4/. The normal use for hd4 is for the sub-directories 'Music' and 'Photo' which tend not to be too busy. Can you confirm how much space you allowed for hd4 when partitioning the new disk ? If you skimp too much then the CF can break due to lack of space.

If you access 'MEDIA' using the remote and then press 'YELLOW' or 'GREEN' the on screen display should show the % used space available on hd4. Can you confirm the percentage show here ?

If there is some space left, we can try it to see if it is writeable. Can you find a USB drive with photos on it and try to copy them to the HDR using OPT+ and 'File Manager' and then view them to check whether or not the HDR can write to the Photo directory on hd4 ?

Let us know.

Update: It's now all working OK

I thought you would all be extremely amused to know what the problem was. The hard drive power plug was not connected to the main pcb :roflmao: !!!

How did this happen? I had noticed a lot of mechanical hum from the unit when it was placed on a shelf. So, I took it apart and renewed the anti-vibration grommets which are between the drive fixing screws and the caddy. This is much more easily done with the drive and caddy out of the case, then when I put it all back I forgot to plug the power lead back onto the pcb. DOH! When the web interface then did not work and I could not telnet to the Foxsat, I jumped to the conclusion that the firmware installation had somehow got corrupted.

Back