Foxsat-HDR Tuner 1 has failed. Tuner 2 OK

Stuart-g3sna

After working well for many years my box has a problem. Diagnostics shows no signal for tuner 1. I have a quad LNB and have tried swapping the cables at the Foxstat rear. Problem does not move when cables swapped. I did a factory reset to see if that would clear matters. Now I can't retune the box at all which is a shame because it was working fine with just tuner 2. Factory reset changed settings to single cable but I used the hidden menu to put that back to "Two Cable (same)"
Is there any way to scan for satellite channels using tuner 2?
Has anyone else had this tuner failure and fixed it/had it fixed?
Help please.
Thanks. Stuart

For starters, do you have a different box to try with, eg. a Sky box ? Does the sky box work with both satellite feeds ?

If it does, I'd remove the cover on the Humax, and check if there's any obvious damage around the tuner. Check for bulging capacitors, and anything else which looks wrong. Perhaps something inside the connector on the back is bent / broken ?

I don't think you can retune with tuner 2 from what I've read. However, If you're lucky, you might be able to get / find a replacement tuner board (The tuners are separate from the main board).

Thanks Jonas.
I did open up the box earlier today and could not see any obvious component failure. I came to the conclusion it would be uneconomic to get it repaired because as you said, it has a separate board for the tuners which I guess is not easy to obtain any more. I have scrapped the box and ordered a HDR- 1100S with Freetime box as a replacement.

Last edited:
Thanks Jonas.
I did open up the box earlier today and could not see any obvious component failure. I came to the conclusion it would be uneconomic to get it repaired because as you said, it has a separate board for the tuners which I guess is not easy to obtain any more. I have scrapped the box and ordered a HDR- 1100S with Freetime box as a replacement.

Plenty of Foxsat-hdr's on e-bay.

Back