Foxsat HDR Unusual Remote problem

Miss_Undaztood

Hi all, newbie here :)

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR freesat box and the remote doesnt always work properly, or at all.

When the problem occurs, the red light that flashes on the remote, is very faint, and there is no response from the digibox, tv, dvd etc. Removing and replacing the batteries sometimes works but tapping the remote on a hard surface does work. Over the last few weeks the remote has to be "tapped" harder to get it working and obviously I dont want to start smashing the thing off a table !!!

I have emailed Humax about the problem 3 times but the only response I got was a generic message telling me how to reprogram the remote, nothing to do with the problem at all if it doesnt work !!!

Disaponted with the next to non existant support from Humax, as I have only had the box about 6 months at the most I hope nothing major goes wrong with it.

Thanks for any halp,
CJ.

I agree with Graham; phone them up. It sounds like a faulty remote. In similar circumstances they have in the past sent out free replacement remotes.

You have only had the box 6 months? Go back to where you bought it, they should get the remote replaced and do the chasing for you.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I`ve been trying to get Humax to semnd a new remote.

Phoned them a few weeks ago and they agreed to send out a new one which has not arrived so I need to phone again after christmas and chase it up.

The remote has been working reasonably well lately but now and again refuses to work unless I thump it :(

Merry Xmas tho :)

Ive noticed something simular not sure if it is the remote but freezes regularily when i go on to the guide resulting in the box needing to be switched off via the toggle switch at the back and back on again

That sounds like the bug that Humax have just released a new firmware to fix. At the moment it is only available as a beta direct from Humax so I suggets you drop them a line (via their web site?).

Back