Foxsat-HDR will not delete files.

Olly2

18 months or so ago my Foxsat-HDR refused to delete one or two files. I reformatted the disc then did factory reset. All was well until last week, same problem, certain files would not delete. Again I have reformatted the disc and then factory reset. Now it will not delete any files, takes ages to boot up and refuses to record some items but not others. I have tried a second reformat and reset but problem not solved. Sound like a hardware problem??

To be honest Graham I don't know, I have never taken the lid off. Are new hdds easily obtained (from Humax I presume) should I need one? I will certainly try disconnecting the hdd and see what happens!
Olly2

Graham thanks for the info and I have looked at the link. I have to be honest and say you are communicating with a very long retired Mac artworker who never had to take lids off anything except a can of beans, just push the buttons, so telling me the new drives need a jumper on pins 5 and 6 means very little. Can you explain in idiot terms please and although I am not really an idiot, is it something I can easily tackle?

Graham thanks for the info and I have looked at the link. I have to be honest and say you are communicating with a very long retired Mac artworker who never had to take lids off anything except a can of beans, just push the buttons, so telling me the new drives need a jumper on pins 5 and 6 means very little. Can you explain in idiot terms please and although I am not really an idiot, is it something I can easily tackle?

It's just a series of pins on the drive that you push a small connector on, in this case to connect pins 5 & 6. Use a pair of tweezers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=d...wX9j4HoAg&sqi=2&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1536&bih=717

Got it, I will get me a new HDD! Just as an aside, on another forum, Hummy, I asked the same question and was advised to instal custom firmware V4.0.9 and try the diskfix utility.I have downloaded the upgrade to the Foxsat successfully but now it will not reboot past the point where it tells me I am running the new version. I think a new hard drive!

Got it, I will get me a new HDD! Just as an aside, on another forum, Hummy, I asked the same question and was advised to instal custom firmware V4.0.9 and try the diskfix utility.I have downloaded the upgrade to the Foxsat successfully but now it will not reboot past the point where it tells me I am running the new version. I think a new hard drive!

Yep read your post on My Humax and Repassacs suggestion to install the CF. If the box won't boot then you are kind of stuffed. Will the box boot without the HDD connected ?

Replacing a hard drive in a computer is little more trouble than changing the fuse in a power plug.

Yep read your post on My Humax and Repassacs suggestion to install the CF. If the box won't boot then you are kind of stuffed. Will the box boot without the HDD connected ?
Yes Graham, it will boot up without the HD connected - off to Comets get new drive!! Thanks for your help
Replacing a hard drive in a computer is little more trouble than changing the fuse in a power plug.
Gomezz when you get to my age you forget their is a fuse in the plug!

Yes Graham, it will boot up without the HD connected - off to Comets get new drive!! Thanks for your help

Gomezz when you get to my age you forget their is a fuse in the plug!

You will have to order a drive off the internet, local suppliers aren't likely to stock Audio Video (AV) specced drives. A drive for a PC will probably work but long term reliability may well be an issue. It might be possible to recover your recordings from your old HDD using a PC.

Not only that, but you might just have a problem getting any sort of drive, or anything, from Comet these days.

Dunno about the Foxsat but you can get this problem on the FOX-T2 if you're watching a recording and try to delete it while it is still playing. This stops the playback but (usually) doesn't delete it. Moreover, it then seems to 'lock' the recording so it won't delete. The cure is to start the recording playing and then stop playback, normally. This appears to clear whatever flag has been set and the recording can then be deleted normally. Obviously a file permission problem of some sort and may be worth a quick check on your Foxsat before starting to mess around with fitting a new hard disk.

Back