Foxsat Plus CF does not accept login

borisd0

Hi,
I use the CF to enable me to manually set non freesat recordings.
For some unknown reason the box will not allow me to login yet I have not altered the login details for years.
How can I resolve the issue? I have started to read about telnet access but I'm very green.
Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks for the responses,
The login details that fail are the ones that I used to access the box from the PC.
I'll try and get my head round Telnet.

I've managed to access the HDR and used the Telnet command "passwd" . This says "remove Web interface password" for "root" which I assume to be the username. The function for the HDR box seems to offer to change the PW rather than remove it . However even changing it does not solve the issue of not accessing the box from the web. On examining a second HDR that I have (that works ok) the details that it request are listed as "Web Interface Server Settings" and "User Access Control" and User Name & Password.
Just to recap, I've changed nothing but now I cannot access the HDR via the web.
Maybe I should be asking how can I remove the CF and re install it?

That is extremely unlikely to make the slightest difference.
Re installing is a lot of misguided peeps first port of call that rarely fixes the problem.

Graham, Thanks for your response.
I've followed the thread to the point that raydon advises that to reset the password enter "pass-disable " from a Telnet seesion.
Below is a copy of the seesion.
After entering IP address in Telnet.

Foxsat-HDR~#
pass-disable
/bin/sh: pass-disable:not found
Foxsat-HDR~#

Sadly I failed to solve the problem, am I doing something wrong?
Note I'm using CF version v4.1.2

You need to upgrade to 4.1.3
I had problems on my boxes when I did so - search the forum for details.

Back