Foxy - An HD recording backup utility for the HDR-Fox T2 now released !

Tried to download Foxy from 4shared and my Anti Virus program was not happy :)
Is this available from elsewhere please ?

Hi,

Yes it seems to download a Livid installer and not the Foxy Application , My Anti Virus screams when I start to open the Livid Installer.
would be so much easier if the Foxy File was hosted here !!
How big is the Foxy file , perhaps a kind member here could email it to me ?
or upload it here !!
Discovered you can possibly get it from 4shared by logging in through an account but when you search for foxy you get a return of 100+ files !!
Many Thanks
VP

OKay so the solution is to create a 4 shared login
The file is Foxy.zip and only 313kb
and then you can download the file you need and not have to install a desktop download manager application
that you do not want.

Cheers

I am fairly sure that I have mentioned in another query somewhere about Foxy, or another 4shared hosted download not working, that you have to login to 4shared before you can download it. Perhaps Raydon could add a note near to the download link in post #1, advising potential downloaders of this requirement.

I am fairly sure that I have mentioned in another query somewhere about Foxy, or another 4shared hosted download not working, that you have to login to 4shared before you can download it. Perhaps Raydon could add a note near to the download link in post #1, advising potential downloaders of this requirement.
O.K., have done that Brian.

Hello Guys,

This may be a stupid question, but if you don´t ask...
I live in Finland and I have here a Humax HD PVR5000T.
Looks exactly same as your FOX-T2, though without TV-Portal function.

The thing is that the 5000T encrypts all media recordings, both HD and SD.
Have tried to play the OPT+ copied USB copies in my PC with the newest VLC player, not working.
Files in the USB after copying are: .ts, .hmt, .cxm, .nts. Are these the same as in yours?
Have tried also other possible ways, but without any luck.
Those don´t work even in the other exactly same 5000T box of my friend...

Finally found Foxy. I was hopefully testin it, but when I open the .htm file the Foxy says: "Not a valid T2 HMT file!"

Would there be anything to be done to decrypt these files?
Any clue? Would it possible to change foxy so that it would work for these also?
What would be needed to do this change?

Thanks.

Files in the USB after copying are: .ts, .hmt, .cxm, .nts. Are these the same as in yours?
Not quite, our file set is .ts, .hmt, .nts, and .thm. .ts is the actual recording (of course), .htm contains properties relevant to the recording, .nts provides indexing information for trick play, and .thm provides a thumbnail image for the media listings.

Our gurus would need a few example .hmt files to look at and see what they could work out. It may not be possible to unlock your files at all.

I can send .htm files from short recordings to keep the size small.
Would it be ok if it's easy to check?

Don't know why they have done it differently in here.
Finland is a small market compared to UK...

Where can I send those .htm files?
Can be sent tomorrow evening.

It may be possible to edit you hmt (note :- Not htm) using a hex editor, there is an example on the WiKi HERE, however the location of the required byte may be different in your hmt file

That old chestnut! Corrected.

.hmt files are never very big, but wait until invited by the gurus.

Hi

I'm also from Finland and have exactly the same problem, Foxy shows message ""Not a valid T2 HMT file!" and I have tried to edit exactly the hex in hmt file with XVI32 but it didn't work out. Any further advice for decryption?

Unless SD recordings are already decrypted by your PVR when copied to USB then you are wasting your time trying to modify the HMT file. Successful decryption of HD recordings depends on this fact.

Yes SD Recordings are encrypted too, and I think it's not either possible to downgrade or use HD Fox-T2 firmware as it's called Humax HD PVR5000T here. So I have to still search for HD box which recordings can be decrypted (or some way to record HD TV for archiving).

Yes SD Recordings are encrypted too, and I think it's not either possible to downgrade or use HD Fox-T2 firmware as it's called Humax HD PVR5000T here. So I have to still search for HD box which recordings can be decrypted (or some way to record HD TV for archiving).

SD recordings are encrypted on a HDR FOX T2 as well. As Raydon points out with this box copying a SD recording to a usb device removes the encryption. Patching the .hmt file makes the box treat HD recordings as SD ones.

SD recordings are encrypted on a HDR FOX T2 as well. As Raydon points out with this box copying a SD recording to a usb device removes the encryption. Patching the .hmt file makes the box treat HD recordings as SD ones.

I've tried to record in HD and in SD but I don't see the difference, when I copy a recording to USB device I can't play either SD or HD record on PC. All the programs I have tried to open any SD record in will crash or won't recognize the .ts-file, have tried different mediaplayers, converters and ProjectX. I'm I doing something wrong? The firmware is 1.04 as I remember it, box bought about week ago.

I've tried to record in HD and in SD but I don't see the difference, when I copy a recording to USB device I can't play either SD or HD record on PC. All the programs I have tried to open any SD record in will crash or won't recognize the .ts-file, have tried different mediaplayers, converters and ProjectX. I'm I doing something wrong? The firmware is 1.04 as I remember it, box bought about week ago.

You aren't doing anything wrong. Clearly your box does not decrypt SD on copying to USB, so as Raydon says patching the .hmt won't help.

Back