Foxy - An HD recording backup utility for the HDR-Fox T2 now released !

The word enc has been removed from the HD movie usin foxy but still cant play it from the usb to my pc.Could this be because the file is slightly more than 4 GB?

You have to do things a specific order:-
1) Run Foxy on the file while it is on the Hard drive
2) After the ENC flag has been removed copy the file to USB using the remote OPT+
3) the file on the USB is now decrypted

See notes HERE

If the USB Drive is formatted as FAT32 there is a 4GB limit, But drives formatted by the Humax (in EXT3) have no 4GB limit, However a P.C. can't read EXT3 so it's best to FTP the files onto a P.C.

Nope - -I input the ftp numbers from the ip address i see on the Humax to replace the ftp://10.0.0.200 but it goes nowhere?Internet explorer just gives me general search results?? My ftp is with 192.168.0.6 - -mike

You can try Window (File) Explorer instead of Internet Explorer using ftp://192.168.0.6 obviously. Or try an extrnal FTP client e.g. FileZilla which is Free

1zc2snl.jpg

Nope - -I input the ftp numbers from the ip address i see on the Humax to replace the ftp://10.0.0.200 but it goes nowhere?Internet explorer just gives me general search results?? My ftp is with 192.168.0.6 - -mike
You seem to have had some success with FTP earlier in this thread. How did you access it before?

Note that the IP address given in the Humax UI can only be accessed from an internal network not from the wider internet. Your router may be able to be setup to allow external access but I wouldn't recommend it with the Humax FTP server due to security issues (potential hacking).

Sorry to be obvious, but is your Humax on a fixed IP or does it get an address from the router's DHCP server? If the latter, are you sure it hasn't changed?

You have to do things a specific order:-
1) Run Foxy on the file while it is on the Hard drive
2) After the ENC flag has been removed copy the file to USB using the remote OPT+
3) the file on the USB is now decrypted

Is there any way of doing the copy from the Hard Drive to the USB device remotely from my PC rather than using OPT+ on the HDR's remote control. This would save having to interrupt other family members' viewing.

WT

Is there any way of doing the copy from the Hard Drive to the USB device remotely from my PC rather than using OPT+ on the HDR's remote control. This would save having to interrupt other family members' viewing.
WT

In short No, The copy has to be done using the Remote Control, You could use FTP to copy / move a file from the HDD to a USB, BUT, Although the copy / move will work it will NOT kick off the decryption process that is built into the Humax software. Obviously it is possible to do the whole thing without the Remote Control using the Custom Firmware Package

WT, if you want to fiddle while the box is also in use "for normal purposes", the custom software is the way to go (which uses Ethernet as its primary interface). Take a flick through the links listed in NEW READERS START HERE.

Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong.

I copy the .ts file from the t2 hard drive to a usb stick.
I connect the usb stick to the pc. I use foxy to open the .hmt file and the screen flashs.
I connect the usb stick to the t2. I copy the .ts file back onto the t2 hard drive.
The .ts file now has no enc flag.
I copy the clear .ts file from the t2 hard drive file back onto the usb stick (I think this should decrypt the file).
I connect the usb stick to the pc. I try VLC and a host of other video apps, nothing will open the file!

Thanks in advance.

That's the right process.. not sure why you can't play the file. Have you tried Splash Player?

I've tried splash player and any number of codec/conversion/editing programs.
I also tried formatting the usb stick from fat32 to ext3 with the same negative result.
Also have tried playback on 2 separate PCs.

That does sound like the file has not been decrypted for some reason. Did you do all of your copying using the Humax remote control OPT+ button?

Could someone please tell me where I'm going wrong

As said above, what you are doing sounds correct (presuming you are using the handset OPT+ options to do the copying), although it is a rather laborious way about it (you can FTP the .hmt file out for Foxying, see Black Hole's Trail Guide).

I suggest you prove the transfer of a StDef recording first, as this will not need Foxying and should copy to USB and then play on a PC using almost anything (VLC, Splash, WMP, WMC...). If that doesn't work you have a real problem.

I know this is very late in the day, and I don't know whether Raydon is listening in, but I had an idea for an improvement to Foxy.

How about it has a built-in FTP interface, able to contact and navigate the HDR-FOX FTP server directly (you would need to input an IP address, obviously, but that could be saved for next time), and directly foxy any .hmt file you select?

Don't seem to be able to download from 4Shared or even register with them. Anyone know of somewhere else to download Foxy?
Thanks

Thanks for a great utility. Just one problem for me ... used the util and I get the decrypted file onto my mac. VLC renders the pictures beautifully !

The sound is also fine in the programme preable (end of the previous programme and a channel ident/ad thing), but ...
In VLC the volume randomly goes up and down lots in the main programme. I'm guessing this is a codec issue, so tryed getting VLC to re-encode to a variety of different formats (a52, mpga, mp3, mp4a) and with varying channels (2 up to 6). These either resulted in no sound, or a loud buzz(nice!) in the main programme. One combination I could even get VLC to crash (always when it got to the main programme).

Has anyone got any advice - I suspect it's an audio CODEC thing, possibly only a problem on OSX ?

Thanks in advance (I hope !)

Back