Foxy - An HD recording backup utility for the HDR-Fox T2 now released !

If you google hard enough for BBC hd content protection, you will find an article by someone from the beeb who said the protection is there to keep the content providers happy. They know that people will find work-arounds but it's not that big a deal as the majority won't go looking for a way to unprotect. The majority don't care.

Guys thanks for all your hard work. I was going to buy a PVR, probably this one but the copy nonsense put me off as I want to archive. I will go for the Fox T2 now. If Humax did "fix" this is easy to revert back to a previous software version?

I am able to log on to my T2 and copy the HMT file to my desktop. I then drag and drop it into Foxy and it flashes, so far so good. Its when I try to copy it back to the T2 that I am getting a problem. What I am seeing is an FTP directory page with instructions on how to view in Windows Explorer. IE "To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer: press Alt, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer." If I do this I get a "log on as" request asking me for Username & Password for the server, the T2 I assume. What should I enter in the boxes. I am using Vista (yeah I know, YUK) on this laptop.

I am going to give it a whirl on an XP machine and one with Win 7. but I would like to use this Vista machine if I can.

Peterpi have you used the FTP setup as detailed above?, If YES, then you simply 'Copy' from the bottom left window and 'Paste' to the right window

User ID: humaxftp
Password: 0000 (unless you've changed it)
That did it. I had tried "humax" and 0000, but I did not add the ftp bit.

Peterpi have you used the FTP setup as detailed above?, If YES, then you simply 'Copy' from the bottom left window and 'Paste' to the right window

Problem was until I did the above, I had no windows, but now I have the ENC flag has disappeared.

IE is a bit flaky and crashes a few times before I can view the T2 in exporer, but thats obviously a problem with IE. I dont usually use that browser, so I'll check to see if I have the latest version. I shall now look for an FTP program and do it the "proper" way.

Thanks to both of you

You could always try Windows (File) Explorer, I have also made the instructions HERE a bit clearer
Thanks for that guide, works a treat. Now of course I want to FTP the unencrypted TS file, mod the Hummy OS if I pluck up the courage? My phone supports DLNA and works well with the telly and with Skifta can play streaming SD from the HDR but I have to record everything in SD, so if unencrypted...?
David

If the dot dot dot means can you stream HiDef, the answer is yes and no. You'll be lucky to find a streaming client able to handle HiDef, and if you do you will either have to decrypt and use the mediatomb server, or run auto-unprotect to kill the "do not stream to unprotected clients" flags (no decrypting required in that case).

Really you are onto a hiding to nothing, as far as I can gather most people are downloading and then playing locally.

Thanks for this. However, I have a problem with the sound. I am using the latest version of VLC on Windows XP. When I play an HD file, I get a short sound - maybe a second or so - and then no sound at all for the rest of the video. Any ideas?

Yes, that's commonly thought to be due to the sound encoding changing between the programme lead-in and the programme itself, and VLC is unable to switch the codec. Try Splash Player (except that doesn't stream, you will have to copy to the PC first).

Yes, that's commonly thought to be due to the sound encoding changing between the programme lead-in and the programme itself, and VLC is unable to switch the codec. Try Splash Player (except that doesn't stream, you will have to copy to the PC first).
Thanks Black Hole - that works (well, Splash Lite does). Strangely, it disables the volume control on my Lenovo T410s laptop, so I have to set it high before running and use Splash Lite's volume control.

Yes, I have trouble with Splash's volume settings too, so I tend to use VLC if I can (StDef).

For information: I have read that Win7 implements separate volume settings for each application rather than a common one for all applications. I have yet to investigate, but I suspect that opening the audio properties would reveal a set of sliders for all the different programs that have been run that have audio properties (or possibly only the ones that are running at the time).

This conversation really ought to be in one of the threads about streaming clients.

I have been processing all of my .hmt files via FileZilla, regardless of whether HD or SD. Using Foxy on SD seems to have no harmful effects (is that right?). This makes it quick and easy - all the .hmt files can be drag-and-dropped from FileZilla to Foxy and then ftp'd back to the Humax. Additionally. I can use edited copies of the .hmt files on PC as .txt files for an index.

Yes, as far as I know all Foxy does is clear the ENC flag, so if the ENC flag wasn't set in the first place it makes no difference.

Back