Foxy - An HD recording backup utility for the HDR-Fox T2 now released !

Just tried Splash Player Lite and it didn't like these files either, so there's clearly something I'm doing wrong when getting the file off the Humax 2000t, even though I've done it with a USB stick.

Just tried Splash Player Lite and it didn't like these files either, so there's clearly something I'm doing wrong when getting the file off the Humax 2000t, even though I've done it with a USB stick.

Can you open the .ts file with MediaInfo ?. Download it it's very handy to find out why downloaded files will not play on your 2000T.

Is this one particular troublesome recording, or have you tried it with several and get the same thing? There is a "feature" in the way the HDR-2000T handles an instant (as opposed to a scheduled) recording, the ".ts" file is actually a folder containing a collection of files that need concatenating.

I've sussed out the problem - I was copying the files across on a USB stick which was formatted with NTFS (it's a 64Gb drive which somehow ends up hating it when I try to format it to FAT32), whereas using a FAT32-formatted USB stick (which is only 8Gb) transfers them fine, so it's fantastic that I can now get HD programmes from my Humax.

I just wish I knew why Humax applied the encryption in the first place. What's it to do with them if I want to transfer an HD programme as opposed to an SD one?

And does anyone know why the formatting type of the USB stick makes a difference?

Also, is it possible at all to just transfer the programmes via FTP and still have them work, please? (question goes for both SD and HD).

It's nothing to do with them but everything to do with Freeview/Freesat and the content providers

There's plenty on this in the HDR-2000T section of the forum, see the links I gave you before. I have no idea why NTFS makes a difference, I don't think it should, but the HDR-FOX didn't come with native NTFS write support anyway.

HDR-FOX owners cannot FTP decrypted recordings either, unless they decrypt them by copy to USB first (and can then FTP directly from the USB drive). It's only our custom firmware which solved that one - and there's no way in for custom firmware on HDR-2000T (not that anyone's found, anyway). If you read the links I provided, you will see there is a way to transfer decrypted recordings by network, but not using FTP (except for the necessary Foxy step).

For background info see Things Every... (click) sections 5 and 12, but note that this is coming from the HDR-FOX end and you need to keep in mind may not be directly transferable to HDR-2000T.

(You are very late to the party, and talking stuff that is old hat to us. The HDR-2000T section of the forum has been running for nearly three years - why are you not posting over there, having got up to speed first? https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hdr-1800t-hdr-2000t-freeview-recorders.39/)

Last edited:
Is there something for the Humax 2000t, please? I tried Foxy, and it removes the encryption
No, foxy does not remove the encryption. It removes the 'enc' flag from being displayed. The 'enc' file indicates that the file is protected from decryption. When the 'enc' file disappears it just means that it is no longer protected from decryption. A second process is needed to decrypt.

With the ftp method described in the next part of the sentence.
That is where what you are doing is going wrong.
You need to export via USB. It is only on export via USB that the HDR-2000T (or an HDR-1800T) will decrypt an unprotected recording. The version on the HDR will remain encrypted (and unprotected) but the copy will now be decrypted.

Edit: some how I missed post #164 which says that this is now resolved!

Last edited:
I just wish I knew why Humax applied the encryption in the first place. What's it to do with them if I want to transfer an HD programme as opposed to an SD one?
The content providers are after not damaging the sales of the programmes through other means e.g. Blu-ray, DVD , paid for downloads etc. Humax could record uncrypted but if they did that then they would not be allowed to use the freeview progamme guide for HD channels and also they would not be allowed to badge the recorder as 'freeview', even if the recorder was freeview compatible in all other respects. Humax DTT equipment would be harder to market and may be more expensive to build if some sort of replacement for the freeview guide in HD channels was built in, or lacked an HD guide and it couldn't be described as 'freeview'.

Black Hole - ta for the pointers to the section of the 'Things Every...' page. I've had a read of those. I didn't realise about the forum for my unit. I found this one via Google :)

Luke and Trev - thanks for the info about content providers. It's annoying that I can FTP programmes from a satellite PVR with ease, but not this so much. Still, programmes on BBC should be fine at no more than an hour or, possibly, 90 mins, but 45 mins of C4 in HD is about 3Gb in size. It's good to know all this as a backup to the main unit, though.

It's not a separate forum, it's a section of this forum (the same as the HDR-FOX section - ie this one - is a section of this forum). Naturally the content relevant to your unit will be in that section.

You're right, to that extent - I suppose it's just me who thinks the terminology is daft and the "forums" are just sections of the overall forum? Why would anyone operate a Xenforo (or, come to that, many other forum host softwares) installation as a host for multiple disparate forums?

Last edited:
It's annoying that I can FTP programmes from a satellite PVR with ease,
You should not be able to export playable HD programmes from a Freesat recorder without decryption. The same rules apply for Freesat recorders as for Freeview recorders. An FTA satellite recorder will record unencrypted content though, providing that the source material was transmitted unencrypted. (Its the Freesat/Freeview boxes that encrypt the HD content, not the content provider. But also see Luke's answer above.)

You're right, to that extent - I suppose it's just me who thinks the terminology is daft and the "forums" are just sections of the overall forum?
No not just you, but your statement did look odd in the context for this site.
Wikipedia and one of the people who helped set up Myhumax.org think along the same lines that you expressed, but the suppliers of the software for this site, myhumax.org, digital spy and also AVForums obviously think along different lines along with who ever named the avforums site.

I suspect that this thread, if that's the correct terminology for a series of posts, is wandering just a tad off topic. And who really gives a toss anyway.

Possibly, but it's jolly hard to follow if it later resumes on topic unless a nice moderator cleans the off topic stuff out.
Off topic stuff started by BH in post #170. So I suppose that's only 10 odd irrelevant posts, not many by some standards.

Back on topic, I think. Windows 10 PC / Foxsat-HDR (1Tb). Custom firmware installed (4.1.3) and working. FTP access fine. But Foxy says every HMT file is invalid - "Not a valid T2 HMT file!", AV2HDR opens / edits the HMT files OK. .NET FrameWork 3.5 in and enabled.

Q - what am I doing wrong for Foxy not to recognise the HMT files?

Back