Foyle's War

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Bloody sods! I was plugging my gaps in Foyle's War with the re-run that's been on ITV3, and I don't have series 7... The re-run has stalled at the end of series 6.

Arrgghhh!!! I just found the later series of FW on ITV Wednesdays, no idea how long it's been running or why the RS didn't alert me!!!

Arrgghhh!!! I just found the later series of FW on ITV Wednesdays, no idea how long it's been running or why the RS didn't alert me!!!
The 8pm Wednesday slot on ITV last week (29 July) was a Vera repeat.
According to Radio times tomorrow (5 Aug) the Foyle's War episode is High Castle, which is the first episode of Season 8 (according to IMDB). However the epg says it's Sunflower which is the 3rd (last) episode of S7.
Next week (12 Aug) is The Eternity Ring according to RT, which is the first episode of Season 7, but who knows - not on epg yet.
So looks like random repeats to fill some schedule gaps.

Well that's odd, because the RS guide says it's High Castle, but my local EPG says Sunflower.

Thanks for the info, it doesn't look like I missed anything. I still don't know why the RS didn't warn me though.

Interesting you call Sunflower 7.3 - so do I, but other references call it 8.3 (there being, according to them, two "seasons" of only two episodes earlier on).

Well that's odd, because the RS guide says it's High Castle, but my local EPG says Sunflower.
Sounds like a late change that hasn't got into RS yet.

Numbering-wise, I don't know. Although there is an overarching timeline I suspect a lot of episodes could be shuffled up/down a couple of slots without being out-of-sync, and the lack of numbering within 'series' tends to support that.
I don't see much to support the extra season idea in the airing dates on IMDB. The only significant gap I see is in S5 with ep 1 on 6 Jan and ep 2 & 3 on 23 & 24 March (3 ep season). But that's just getting nerdy :)

It's series 4 that gets split into two seasons (according to Wikipedia), because it was aired with two episodes only in each year.

What is RS? The RT has been listing Foyles War on ITV for the past few weeks after the run of earlier series finished on ITV3.

The RT has been listing Foyles War on ITV for the past few weeks after the run of earlier series finished on ITV3.
Are you sure? Vera has been in that slot for a few weeks I think (certainly last week).

Starting AGAIN with episode 1 series 1 next week. I might catch my missing episodes in 6 months time.

Back