Free (or cheap) software you really love

I use outlook, have done for years, but only switched from pop to IMAP in the last few months.
My main reason for outlook is that it gives me the ability to automatically archive older mail to PC local archives.
This effectively cuts down on amount of data on BT Mail and hence on other IMAP Devices (like my iPhone).

I use multiple accounts on iPad without an issue.

Easy to tell which account an email arrives in as they show as separate folders.

Need to be careful when sending new email's that you are in the correct folder before composing the email is the only snag I've found.

Sent from here using a computing device.

I run multiple e-mail account from different suppliers; Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, Supanet.
I have found both Thunderbird and Microsoft Windows Live Mail are easy to use.
Account segregation is clear; replies go out from the account they were received. For new mail, it is easy to select the account.
Thunderbird has the advantage if you want a bit more mail management in the client (timed deletion, rule based sorting to mail folders etc).
Because I see advantages in both products, I actually run both interchangeably (often simultaneously) without problems.
I am told that Thunderbird has the advantage in off-line e-mail backup... in that it is easier to move them to a new PC.

Back