Freeview+ HD Roll Out

dan888

Is there a schedule anywhere that details the rollout of HD?

I think I'm on the IoW Rowridge xmitter.

Dan

just rescanned here in sheffield, signal from emley moor, which isnt due to change for about 3 weeks yet. however bbc1 and 2 signal broke up last night, did the rescan and now the hd channels have all vanished. any clues anyone??

Dtg website says that the Sheffield switchover has been successfully started. Might be relevant.

I am in Southampton and we have had the first DSO today.

After the retune I cannot see any additional channels, so I guess the HD channels will come with the second switch on 21/3/12.

When I retuned my HDR-FOXT2 I was asked if I was in the South or South East. I chose South, but would it made much of a difference if I chose South East instead?

Thank you.

Yes - you're picking up signals from two transmitters and that choice determines which transmitter is allocated to channels in the normal range, with the other transmitter being assigned to channels starting at 800.

For best results you should not have any channels tuned into the 800 range (it can cause problems with recording) so you can either delete them or start again and use manual tuning to pick the transmitter and muxes that you want.

Yes - you're picking up signals from two transmitters and that choice determines which transmitter is allocated to channels in the normal range, with the other transmitter being assigned to channels starting at 800.

For best results you should not have any channels tuned into the 800 range (it can cause problems with recording) so you can either delete them or start again and use manual tuning to pick the transmitter and muxes that you want.

I thought that may be the case. I only had a couple in the 800's which I deleted. When I retuned the Toppy the only oddity I had was two BBC FOURs, so I deleted one of them.

Thank you.

Back