FVP-4000T cannot turn on or off at times

Just obtained new 4000T freeview with same lockup problem.

My local retailer phoned Humax who replied.
Go to Network Settings
Turn OFF Network Sevice ( it's on by default)

When set to OFF it stops 4000T searhing for OS updates which causing the lockup problem.
After doing the above I no longer get lockups.

Assuming Humax will do an update with next OS

graham uk
I can't possibly see how turning the Network Server OFF, can possibly have anything to do with stopping the FVP-4000T from searching for OS updates.

Presumably the droids who staff the Humax 'help' line know what they are talking about... :roflmao:

I can't possibly see how turning the Network Server OFF, can possibly have anything to do with stopping the FVP-4000T from searching for OS updates.
He didn't say "Network Server", he said "network service" - presumably meaning the process which searches for updates.

He didn't say "Network Server", he said "network service" - presumably meaning the process which searches for updates.
I am fully aware of what he said, and that he was in fact referring to the Network Server (confirmed in a thread on My Humax forum).

Someone with the won't turn on issue while recording or pre recording sby, may like to try introducing this splitter between box and TV (or AV receiver). If someone does please post as it could help out others.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Powered-Splitter-Supports-VHD-1X2MN3D/dp/B004F9LVXC

Hint It's a HDCP stripper. It solved an issue for me when I fed two TV's from an AV receiver, when you turned off the remote TV the main TV picture was lost. Addding the splitter resolved the issue.

That's interesting, although of course HDCP doesn't literally require "stripping" - I would say it has to be bypassed (a cryptographic negotiation occurs before the HDCP source enables HDMI output in plaintext). I wonder whether my 4x2 matrix does the same? (rhet.) It may well do, but it certainly renegotiates each time the routing is reselected.

I'm having the same issue with my box. Intermittent nonstarting until I unplug the power cable and restart it that way. The hdmi explanation makes sense upto a point..but I am a bit confused as the screen remains blank but the message does appear on the screen telling me that the box has connected to the WiFi router so presumably some sort of connection is happening through the hdmi cable from the box to the TV??
Anyway... Whatever it's a frustrating experience to the point where I think the next move if it doesn't get fixed is to take it back and ask for a refund.

I'm having the same issue with my box. Intermittent nonstarting until I unplug the power cable and restart it that way. The hdmi explanation makes sense upto a point..but I am a bit confused as the screen remains blank but the message does appear on the screen telling me that the box has connected to the WiFi router so presumably some sort of connection is happening through the hdmi cable from the box to the TV??
Anyway... Whatever it's a frustrating experience to the point where I think the next move if it doesn't get fixed is to take it back and ask for a refund.

The message may have the same sort of status as the freesat splash screen on boot, namely it's not subject to hdmi handshake. That would confirm that the above mentioned splitter might just work.

I had the same lock up and on-off issues and after three calls to Humax I decided to take the box back and get a Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB. Humax told me to alter some settings but the problems were still there, not all the time but enough to be a pain. When I took it back to Richer Sounds the sales person said it must be the unit that's faulty as he hadn't heard of any problems, he's obviously never read any of this.
As I'd never had a Humax before I was prepared to overlook the negative remarks about the EPG and lack of information on the front of the box and see for myself. On reflection I'm glad I took it back because both the wife and I prefer the Panasonic features. The only downside seems to be that the Panasonic can only record 2 programmes at the same time.

I have had the same problem and was unable to switch the unit on if it was recording in standby mode.
Following the advice from the above posts I switched off the Network Server function and the problem was solved!!!

Eric Newton

Hi, I'm a newbie here (only just found this forum)

I have a PVR9200T and a PVR9300T. When the latter started to give problems (I lost 100 recordings a couple of times, and it kept doing 10 minute recordings) I decided to buy a 4000T

First one had a problem with signal (antenna) input, reporting bad, weak or no signal. There was nothing wrong with the signal in fact and the unit was replaced, all fine with replacement one on this particular issue.

Both 4000Ts did have a turn on problem, which is similar to described in this thread. I phoned the supplier and also Humax many many times about this, after copious amounts of testing (by me) to try to ascertain a pattern, and being informed that the red/blue LED situation was not as in the user-guide was useful - although I cannot detect a difference in red LED brightness for standby or recording. Humax sent me this procedure following one phone call, which they obviously have available as a standard email template, but it didn't solve the issues.

The best thing to do if your unit will still not boot up is to first make sure you are on the latest software. You can do this by the following:

-Press Home
-Choose Settings
-Choose System Settings
-Choose System Information
-Then software version will be displayed on screen
-Your software should be on UKTFAE 1.01.11
-If it is not on this software please let me know

Once you are on the correct software you then must:
· Ensure both TV and Humax are on (Humax showing blue light)
· The HDMI cable is securely fitted to HDMI 1
· The TV is set to HDMI 1 source channel
If all the above is done and you are on the right source channel etc then please do the following:
· Switch both TV and Humax off at the mains (put Humax and TV into standby first before switching off at the mains)
· Put the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port if possible
· Switch the TV on first and change the source channel to whatever port the HDMI cable is connected to (if in HDMI 2, change source to HDMI 2)
· Switch the Humax on and wait around 60 seconds (the light will turn red then blue for around 15-20secs before returning to red/standby and this is when to press the standby button) – The box may appear to have a blank screen during this waking up process – If a you just pull the plug when the Humax is on the unit will go through a different boot up process which shows the Humax splash screen.
· The Humax picture should come on right away
As HDMI CEC is set to off on the Humax after the new update the issue may still be occurring due to the TV still having it’s HDMI CEC option on. Some TV’s have a specific HDMI port that is automatically got HDMI CEC enabled (this is why I said above to put the HDMI cable into a different port).
Can you please switch off HDMI CEC on their TV and their Humax and try the boot up procedure from the start and then compare this to having both HDMI CEC options on.

Basically the problem is that if the unit is not recording then powering on gives a blue LED, if it is recording (and I have to place hand on the unit to detect this) I cannot get an output to the TV. I have tried every combination of every setting on the 4000T and on my Panasonic TV . I attempted to follow the advice re. Network setting I read on this thread but wasn't able to ascertain whether it was network service or network server, one attempt subsequently caused an auto- retune followed by the inevitable loss of recording schedules (which is a pain).

I now have a ritual. Turn on TV, wait, select HDMI source, wait, press standby button on Humax remote once only, wait. If TV does not display 4000T then press standby button on Humax remote once again, wait. It sometimes works, sometimes not. If not switch off at mains, then reboot - NOT a good thing to have to do. Obviously if rebooted during recording these recordings woul have to be restarted (with loss of a few minutes). Else not attempt to switch on the 4000T if I know it is recording.

Last call to Humax they suggested returning the 4000T for a replacement but I don't think that would solve the issue. They said get a refund but I want a 4000T and it's features.

Last call to supplier they said have a refund, but I want a 4000T and it's features. If it works most of the time then I am happier than reverting to my 9300T, frustrating though it is.

I suggested to Humax that there was a fundamental design flaw with a unit that had a dual colour LED that purports to display three states, they of course disagreed. They also said that they were aware of the issues and their latest firmare update solved the problems - I have the latest and it certainly doesn't. I suggested they might like to look into this again!

As I think I have mentioned before, Humax machines have a general problem with connecting HDMI if they are brought out of half-awake (recording in standby). I have no evidence, but I suspect this might be an industry-wide problem.

In general, I leave my HDR-FOXes running (ie not in standby) 24/7.

HUMAX from above said:
The best thing to do if your unit will still not boot up is to first make sure you are on the latest software. You can do this by the following:
-Press Home
-Choose Settings
-Choose System Settings
etc. etc. etc
Just how the hell are you supposed to do the following if it won't boot up?:roflmao:

As I think I have mentioned before, Humax machines have a general problem with connecting HDMI if they are brought out of half-awake (recording in standby). I have no evidence, but I suspect this might be an industry-wide problem.
Well, I have had absolutely no problems with my T2 with HDMI connections to either my Sony or my Sammy TVs. Bet I will now though:(

Another thing worth trying is to unplug, then reinsert one of the plugs on the HDMI cable, this will start another HDMI handshake, and is probably better than repeatedly disconnecting the power supply.

paul4 , your information in post #32 is rather outdated with regards to firmware version. The current released version is 1.01.25.

I suggested to Humax that there was a fundamental design flaw with a unit that had a dual colour LED that purports to display three states, they of course disagreed.
Anyone with half a brain cell can see this design makes no sense. No surprise that the Humax folk disagree then. They have a long history of head-in-the-sand attitude, like most large companies. They need someone to give them a good shake up.

Back