FVP-4000T Non Responsive

adam1983.c

Have recently bought this Freeview Recorder, when asking it to do anything via the remote it just seems totally unresponsive and will take a few button presses for it to do anything, is this common or a fault??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could try a fresh set of batteries in the remote. If it's like my 2000T, the batteries supplied were cr*p.

You could try a fresh set of batteries in the remote. If it's like my 2000T, the batteries supplied were cr*p.
That's strange. The "Rocket" batteries supplied in the HD-FOX, HDR-FOX, FOXSAT-HDR... were superb. Cost cutting?

Cost cutting?
Either that or overuse of the remote during the first few days. The batteries lasted less than one month - and the symptoms described by the OP occurred. It is possible that something stood on the remote and knackered the batteries, or they could have been a load of Bow Locks.

Have recently bought this Freeview Recorder, when asking it to do anything via the remote it just seems totally unresponsive and will take a few button presses for it to do anything, is this common or a fault??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue with mine using the supplied remote and even with my TV remote controlling the box it is so SLOOOOOWWWWW to respond. Do you still have the same issues with your box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to Barry over at myhumax,org there is a new software version (1.02.13) being rolled out that finally goes some way towards preserving the recording schedule when retuning.

That's a pretty basic requirement, isn't it? It should have been a red line requirement in v1.00.00.

Shame the update hasn't addressed the woefully slow interface :thumbsdown:

When I saw that it had made improvements to the recording list I was hoping it had been redesigned like the guide with smaller icons and typeface to give it a more consistent look across the device and have the newest recording from a series of recordings play first, but alas no. The 'Recent' option is kinda of useful, but would be better if when you pressed it the recording would just start and not come up with the big thumbnail asking if you want to play the recording and then ask if you want to start where you left off..... why can't it just start with one button press!

The recording list now takes just over 3 seconds to appear after the button press.

I have the same issue with mine using the supplied remote and even with my TV remote controlling the box it is so SLOOOOOWWWWW to respond. Do you still have the same issues with your box?
A possible self-help solution has been posted on myhumax. Changing the remote mode from '1' to one of the other 5 other options may improve the response speed. Only one poster has mentioned which mode they switched to and that was mode 3.

See https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Fixes_/_Work_Arounds_for_Known_Bugs#Multiple_Humax_Remotes

Didn't make a blind bit of difference with my 4000.

I tweated Humax about the issues with the 4000/5000 and they said they monitor the forums and were not aware of any issues! They wanted links to the threads, but I don't expect any miracle cures. I have written off the 4000 as every being improved to be anywhere near as slick as the HDR and just hope and pray if there is a 6000 that it will be way better than the 4000/5000 is now.

Unless objective measurements are made before and after, there can be a subjective impression that it has made a difference even if it didn't. Without sufficient testing, a "worst case" on a bell curve distribution might be followed by a "best case" on the identical distribution - which sends completely the wrong signal (the impression that the distributions are different, when in fact these are two samples on the same distribution).

Don't blame the user, these are psychological effects that are very hard to counter. Nonetheless, the scientists (who should be aware of the need for proof) should be making the situation clear. Stupidity reigns when discussion takes place only between the ill-educated or misinformed (as is the wont on social media).

But 'subjective impressions' are normally voiced as "I think it's a bit better" (no it isn't), but users over on MyHumax say that it is like night and day difference.

But 'subjective impressions' are normally voiced as "I think it's a bit better" (no it isn't), but users over on MyHumax say that it is like night and day difference.

Not me. Changing to a logitech remote with a more meaty ir output helps a bit, however there is no escaping the slow response to a IR command. However recording is very reliable even though it might take say 10 seconds or so to set a series recording. The 4000/5000T could really improve with a faster processor and/or more memory. No idea what this would mean for the build price. It;s much slower than my other Humax boxes but has a lot more capability for recording multiple channels especially when recording from the main PSB HD mux.

Mine set to mode 2 frequently boots when other remotes are used including other Humax kit set to other modes. Clearly there is an issue with the infra red software.

Back