FVP-5000T Copying to External USB (Help)

Poggs

Copying tv recording from the 5000T onto USB External Drive... I have a MacBook Pro and formatted the following three USB's to: ExtFat, MS-Dos FAT and (FAT32 on a Windows machine), questions:

Will the 5000T copy to all 3 of the above formats if not which ones and can I play them back on using the Mac and other tv's...

I recorded just under 1 minute of a tv programme on SD and set up copying to USB. Sometimes it shows the icon (in grey) copying onto the USB and other times showing nothing. The copying mode doesn't seem to finish copying stating copying complete. How long does this process take to transfer tv programmes from the 5000T Hard Drive to the USB external drive? Also does it actually state 'copied' when finished?

I can see the files from the 5000T on my MacBook Pro in the Shared File folder but cannot play any or convert them to MP4?

Previously had the 4000T and after numerous conversations with Humax helpline. They say it should copy with FAT32 or EXTFAT on both 4000T & 5000T machines....

Suggests please to resolve this dilemma, it's driving me crazy!

I can see the files from the 5000T on my MacBook Pro in the Shared File folder but cannot play any or convert them to MP4?
You may be out of luck. Read the forum posts and check whether the 5000T copies to USB without encryption.

You may be out of luck. Read the forum posts and check whether the 5000T copies to USB without encryption.
Encryption is removed from SD (but not HD) recordings by copying to attached USB storage. FAT32, NTFS and EXT3 are certainly supported; I am doubtful that EXTFAT is supported.

I tried Exfat on my 1 TB USB SSD and Humax would not recognise it - so I use NTFS format
Copying from Humax to USB seems to take forever and the copy can only be played back on the Humax (special format)

Can I ask you 2 questions Poggs

1/ Does Humax sort your USB files into Alpha order - After 3 updates mine folders are in order but the files/videos are still scrambled so you can't play a series - in random order

2/ Prior to the update the USB files used to RESUME/PLAY, since the update they still include a RECENT menu but these wont RESUME/PLAY - They just start over each time which is a real pain - My enquiry to Humax support says "its impossible to know where you got to on USB files", but this is not true because it's always worked fine prior to the recent "update"

I tried Exfat on my 1 TB USB SSD and Humax would not recognise it - so I use NTFS format
Copying from Humax to USB seems to take forever and the copy can only be played back on the Humax (special format)

1/ Does Humax sort your USB files into Alpha order - After 3 updates mine folders are in order but the files/videos are still scrambled so you can't play a series - in random order

2/ Prior to the update the USB files used to RESUME/PLAY, since the update they still include a RECENT menu but these wont RESUME/PLAY - They just start over each time which is a real pain - My enquiry to Humax support says "its impossible to know where you got to on USB files", but this is not true because it's always worked fine prior to the recent "update"

There's a free video converter on the App Store that converts the Humax TS files to MP4
Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 21.07.45.png Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 21.07.45.png

Sorted now... Movies will copy from USB to Humax HDD using MS-Dos, EXTFAT.... Humax will only recognise MS-Dos (Mac) when transferring from Humax to USB device... Copying to USB is very slow and takes a long time.... Humax ts files will play on Laptop and using the free video converter from the App Store you can convert the files to MP4 to play on other devices but has a border around the video on play back...

Last edited by a moderator:

Just copied files in a folder onto Humax and are in Alphabetical order...

The movies do continue playing from one movie to the next...

Played a movie, stopped it and on restart it didn't resume play from where left off... (Yes that is a pain)....

I'm using MacBook Pro and there isn't a format choice for NTFS so can only use ExFat/MS-Dos to copy from USB to Humax and only MS-Dos to transfer from Humax to USB devices... Humax didn't recognise any of the Mac USB formats... To convert Humax ts files to Mp4 use the free video converter from the Apple App Store. Playback has border around the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why make one post when 6 will do?
There is an edit button whereby you can add stuff to your posts.

I was thinking more about the order of files still on USB rather than after they have been copies to humax. Let me know your thoughts. Maybe I could try a different format

Just copied files in a folder onto Humax and are in Alphabetical order...
]

To convert Humax ts files to Mp4 use the free video converter from the Apple App Store. Playback has border around the video...
As best this is incompetence. At worst it looks like spam. Stop posting repeated blatant adverts for this thing.

Back