FVP-5000T

Samuel98

Hi,

Just purchased this unit intending to replace my HDR2000T as it has the extra tuners however alongwith having the updated (slightly less functional) GUI it does not appear to work with Foxy - the new files are HJM and HJTSM alongside the TS file. Has anybody been able to decipher these and find away around?

Or should I return it and just buy additional 2000Ts?

Many thanks

Just purchased this unit intending to replace my HDR2000T as it has the extra tuners however alongwith having the updated (slightly less functional) GUI it does not appear to work with Foxy - the new files are HJM and HJTSM alongside the TS file. Has anybody been able to decipher these and find away around?
Not as far as I know,
Or should I return it and just buy additional 2000Ts?
Perhaps or even a secondhand HDR-FOX T2 and install custom firmware.

Not as far as I know,

Perhaps or even a secondhand HDR-FOX T2 and install custom firmware.
The HDR-FOX T2 still only has two tuners meaning can only handle two recordings at a time the same as the HDR-2000T. The only difference is that the FOX T2 is older and has custom firmware.

The only reason for purchasing the new unit was because it supports four recordings at a time - which would solve my issue of delays in broadcasting messing up other recordings - I'll just have to get another unit and split the load between them.

Is anybody actually even working on finding a method to export HD content e.g. deciphering the equivalent of the HMT file (HJM file)? The reason why I'm so eager, thus far, this is the best unit which they have released hardware wise, it is the most powerful and tuner wise.

It needs somebody with opportunity (availability of the relevant equipment, and time to spend on it), ability (technical knowledge, or at least a willingness to study and acquire the knowledge), and motivation. The availability of time is a bit of a killer, but the motivation factor will be the barrier: those of us with HDR-FOXes or even 1800T/2000T don't need a solution for the 5000T, so contribution of significant time would be very altruistic.

That said, you don't need to work out what every bit in the file does - you would only be looking for a single flag that controls protection. With a large number of files from a wide variety of StDef recordings and HiDef recordings, you could start by running a binary analysis to find a bit which was always 0 in one set and always 1 in the other. If such a bit doesn't exist in the data set, the task is already magnitudes more difficult than for an HMT file. If sections of the files are not readable as ASCII (such as the programme title) there may be encryption involved.

There may be several candidate bits for the flag. One may identify StDef and HiDef rather than protection. There would then be trial and error to see what happens when each candidate is toggled. Toggling a bit in the file may result in an invalid file, if the file has some kind of check code security.

It would help if there were several people working on it, as a team for pooling ideas and mutual encouragement.

It needs somebody with opportunity (availability of the relevant equipment, and time to spend on it), ability (technical knowledge, or at least a willingness to study and acquire the knowledge), and motivation. The availability of time is a bit of a killer, but the motivation factor will be the barrier: those of us with HDR-FOXes or even 1800T/2000T don't need a solution for the 5000T, so contribution of significant time would be very altruistic.

That said, you don't need to work out what every bit in the file does - you would only be looking for a single flag that controls protection. With a large number of files from a wide variety of StDef recordings and HiDef recordings, you could start by running a binary analysis to find a bit which was always 0 in one set and always 1 in the other. If such a bit doesn't exist in the data set, the task is already magnitudes more difficult than for an HMT file. If sections of the files are not readable as ASCII (such as the programme title) there may be encryption involved.

There may be several candidate bits for the flag. One may identify StDef and HiDef rather than protection. There would then be trial and error to see what happens when each candidate is toggled. Toggling a bit in the file may result in an invalid file, if the file has some kind of check code security.

It would help if there were several people working on it, as a team for pooling ideas and mutual encouragement.
In short then, nobody is working on it and wont be. And in the slim chance that if anybody does manage to figure out how to modify the HMJ file, the FTP server is read-only (you can't write or delete files) so there is no way to put the file back.

In short then, nobody is working on it and wont be.
I wouldn't go so far as to say nobody will work on it; when it takes the fancy of somebody with the right skills then something MIGHT happen but it will be a more difficult problem than with the earlier boxes.

In short then, nobody is working on it and wont be. And in the slim chance that if anybody does manage to figure out how to modify the HMJ file, the FTP server is read-only (you can't write or delete files) so there is no way to put the file back.
The way we originally had to put files back (on the HDR-FOX) was copy from USB. If even that isn't available, you're onto a loser.

The way we originally had to put files back (on the HDR-FOX) was copy from USB. If even that isn't available, you're onto a loser.
This is an important observation.
Does anyone with a 4000T or 5000T know whether it is possible to save a StdDef programme with all the sidecar files to a USB drive, remove the USB drive from the Humax*, delete the programme on the Humax, reconnect the USB drive and copy the programme back to the correct place on the Humax? (* I read somewhere if you delete at this point without removing the USB drive you could delete both copies of the programme!). If this is possible, then it might be possible to fudge some way saving HiDef files. (I have an idea, which probably won't work, would be incredibly tedious, and - judging by my last attempt to explain something similar - I'd have trouble explaining!)

If this is possible, then it might be possible to fudge some way saving HiDef files. (I have an idea, which probably won't work, would be incredibly tedious
This thread (Post #2) suggests it has been tried with USB:
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/recordings-backup-box-swap#post-45240

If this is possible, then it might be possible to fudge some way saving HiDef files. (I have an idea, which probably won't work, would be incredibly tedious
Is that along the same lines of extracting HD recordings unencrypted from the HDR-FOX T2/2000T/1800T without custom firmware and without being networked, by extracting all files for a recording, amending just one of the sidecar files, copying them all back and then recopying them all out again?

I will try this later today using USB (FVP-5000T) and post what happens.

EDIT

5 minute manual recording BBC 1 SD set at 10:38

Last edited:
So far - found no way of copying recording files to connected USB device. SD content can be decrypted by copying to Windows using Samba but you only get one file with a mpg file extension not the sidecar files.

General
ID : 4179 (0x1053)
Complete name : D:\5000TSDRecording\The Farmer's Llamas_20171229_1038.mpeg
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 134 MiB
Duration : 4 min 51 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 3 865 kb/s
FileExtension_Invalid : m2ts mts ssif
Video
ID : 101 (0x65)
Menu ID : 4165 (0x1045)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Format settings, GOP : Variable
Format settings, picture structure : Frame
Codec ID : 2
Duration : 4 min 50 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 249 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 15.0 Mb/s
Width : 704 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Active Format Description : Letterbox 16:9 image
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Standard : PAL
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.321
Stream size : 113 MiB (84%)
Audio #1
ID : 102 (0x66)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Delay relative to video : -296 ms
Stream size : 8.89 MiB (7%)
Language : English
Audio #2
ID : 106 (0x6A)
Codec ID : 3
Bit rate : 64.0 kb/s
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Delay relative to video : -320 ms
Stream size : 2.22 MiB (2%)
Language, more info : Visual impaired commentary
Audio #3
ID : 152 (0x98)
Mode : Joint stereo
Codec ID : 6
Bit rate : 128 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Delay relative to video : -208 ms
Stream size : 4.45 MiB (3%)
Text
ID : 105 (0x69)
Format : DVB Subtitle
Codec ID : 6
Duration : 4 min 47 s
Delay relative to video : 1 s 904 ms
Menu
ID : 100 (0x64)
List : 101 (0x65) (MPEG Video) / 102 (0x66) (MPEG Audio, English) / 106 (0x6A) (MPEG Audio, English) / 105 (0x69) (DVB Subtitle, English) / 152 (0x98) (MPEG Audio) / 7201 (0x1C21) () / 7219 (0x1C33) () / 7103 (0x1BBF) () / 7105 (0x1BC1) ()
Language : / English / English / English

FTP can be used but file is not decrypted but I imagine you can copy the support files. If anyone wants to play I can try copying the encrypted video file plus support files.

I have now managed to FTP just the recording files to my laptop, as expected .ts remains encrypted. In theory at least it should be possible to replace a recording complete given the capability to recode the support files. Does anyone think there is any mileage in recording same programme in HD and SD and replacing the SD .ts with the HD .ts ?

No idea but easy enough to try it. Suspect the filename might clobber it unless edited to match the original file if they aren't identical. It's just an idea . I will post the two filenames produced later. Rather think the protection is more sophisticated than that, but stranger things have happened :)

I have a recording set on both HD and SD.

The reason I said that is because (a) I doubt it, and (b) if it doesn't work on the HDR-FOX it is unlikely to work on another machine.

Thinking about it the file sizes will be different so the .nts will be wrong. Might be some mileage in comparing the .htm type files between the two recordings.

Which I believe was my thesis in post 5. However, without an enabling mechanism, the research would be academic.

Back