get_iplayer

Morgan

Hello Folks
With all the irritation with the iplayer I wonder if anyone has tried installing get_iplayer somehow? I had a quick search and saw get_iplayer mentioned a few times but nothing as the subject of discussion.
Thanks

perl and microperl packages are available for Humax CF but neither cuts the mustard for get_iplayer. perl is like an entire platform with installable modules that expect to be able to compile bits of themselves. The modules required for get_iplayer, a maze of twisty dependencies, all alike, wouldn't install. For similar reasons, GNU autoconf has not appeared.

The Python environment is conceptually similar to perl, but by good luck (or perhaps just because it's not perl, nudge, nudge, wink, wink), it was possible to port youtube-dl with little difficulty. There are only a few lines of code modified from the distributed version.

Thanks Folks for all the answers - obviously I didn't look hard enough, or perhaps it's just it was traversed so long ago that the search function doesn't go back that far... :)
I had no idea that youtube-dl didn't just do youtube - I'll investigate further.
M

Back