Green screen issue

Thought i would give my thoughts on the exchange experience in case any else needs to do it.
After going through the above process with Humax they agreed i needed a replacement and emailed a form to me where you input all your details and the units serial number, they also require a photo of the sales receipt and you give them a date you would like the exchange to take place on. I sent the form right back.
Later that day i got an email confirming the exchange and the date i requested, they also told me i would get confirmation from the courier which i did and today they gave me a one hour slot for delivery and they were here well on time.
The replacement is in excellent order, not a mark on it, In fact it looks almost new.
No problems setting up (Except i forgot about the on/off switch at the back)
All in all it was a good experience, It just remains to be seen now if it continues to work well.

Update on the replacement unit.
This one seemed fine at first but the last two mornings it briefly flashes up the green screen.
However it is only brief and doesn't get stuck there so I'm inclined to leave it alone for now.
Puzzling though all the same.

I get green flashes during boot with my Panasonic too. Don't think it's a problem.

Is not a green 'flash' a pretty normal event as the HDMI 'synchronises. I have an oldish Sony TV with only one HDMI input and a HDMI switch to switch between my Hummy Foxsat, my newly acquired T2 and my Panasonic DVD player. They all 'splash' green when I switch between them.

Thanks all, Its a big improvement on the previous one which just sat there with a green screen and took a lot messing about to get a picture and sound.
Went out this morning for a hours and it just came straight on with no green screen, seems to be if its off just a short time it doesn't happen. If thats all i get i will be happy with that.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Thanks all, Its a big improvement on the previous one which just sat there with a green screen and took a lot messing about to get a picture and sound.
Went out this morning for a hours and it just came straight on with no green screen, seems to be if its off just a short time it doesn't happen. If thats all i get i will be happy with that.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
Merry Christmas to you all.

How's it holding up? I ask because I've just gone through the exchange process after one of my HDRs developed permanent green screen. The replacement, like yours, has a couple of green flashes while booting but otherwise so far so good.

How's it holding up? I ask because I've just gone through the exchange process after one of my HDRs developed permanent green screen. The replacement, like yours, has a couple of green flashes while booting but otherwise so far so good.
Hi,
Same here, so far so good, We still get a brief green screen in the mornings but if the box has only been off for a short time then it doesn't happen.
If it continues like that then i will be happy with it.

LG 32PG6000

Hi

Sorry for hijacking... I have just been given a HDR-FOX T2 and I rather naively thought I could just plug it in and off we go... then I encountered the fun of a green screen.

Is my telly compatible with this unit? Sound like humax will blame LG and I can't imagine LG will even pick up the phone for a TV so old. I've already wasted an hour or so trying everything I could find.

Raaagggeee....

Is the HDR-FOX brand new? There is a risk that you have been given this HDR-FOX because it has a problem with its HDMI output.

What you need to do is try it on another telly just to see what's what. If all else fails, connect by SCART.

It's not new, but from in laws - and was working fine on HDMI before. The box works OK on scart. I get a boot screen on HDMI, and even a glimmer of tv occasionally before the green screen kicks in. Booting the box with a channel number worked once, and not since. Is it worth updating the box? Not sure what firmware it's running but I assume this isn't going to be fixed by that.

It's not new, but from in laws - and was working fine on HDMI before. The box works OK on scart. I get a boot screen on HDMI, and even a glimmer of tv occasionally before the green screen kicks in. Booting the box with a channel number worked once, and not since. Is it worth updating the box? Not sure what firmware it's running but I assume this isn't going to be fixed by that.
It's worth trying a few different firmware versions. From reports I've read on here, it appears that Humax tweaked the HDMI negotiation code between releases.

Definitely worth trying 1.03.12 (the latest) if you aren't already on it.

Is there a decent link anywhere? Every link I've found to 1.03.12 just times out.

The box is wired to the network, it confirms it's connected under system, but the automatic update also just sits there. This is not going well...

The link is in the downloads area of the wiki, but you must log in to zippyshare (or whatever it is) before it will be successful. Otherwise you will be fed all manner of other garbage.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

Correction: It appears that link is to a Google Docs download. Is that what you tried?

Cheers, must have been something up with the network.

Installed ok, still no dice. Another factory reset setting the lowest resolution, nope. Any next steps?

Back