Green screen issue

poisonivy

Hi all,
Hoping to get some help, We have the HDR Humax Fox T2.
All has been great until the last couple of days, We turned on the tv and box and got the green screen, Eventually i phoned Humax who took me through taking out the HDMI lead at both ends and turning off the box at the mains.
Only after several attempts and leaving it off for a longer period did we get sound and picture back.
The advisor asked me to buy a new HDMI lead which i did yesterday but after several attempts to get it working i just got picture, no sound and on the fourth attempt a green screen.
Now i have reconnected the original HDMI lead and had to go through turning off at the mains again to get sound and picture back. At one point there was picture and no sound as with the new lead.
The box is 17 months old.
Any input would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You've posted this in the HD-FOX section (not HDR-FOX), so I have prompted a moderator to move it.

This is a knotty problem which gets reported occasionally, and I don't think we have a definitive answer. There is an existing topic, but it doesn't offer anything concrete, here: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/users-with-hdmi-issues.5223/

Replacing the HDMI lead is a bit like clutching at straws, but Humax have to suggest something (and it could be - but not very likely). Things I would suggest are:
  • Power off EVERYTHING and connect the HDMI lead to a DIFFERENT socket on the TV (or even a different TV), even if only temporarily. This may help the Humax resync the HDMI interface.
  • Perform a full factory reset on the HDR-FOX. As you don't have a working HDMI, you will need to hook up by SCART or AV to see the menus: Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default. DO NOT allow it to reformat the HDD unless you want to lose your existing recordings. You will needs set up your tuning again, and recreate your recording schedule, after the factory reset. For good measure, do a full power-off-at-the-mains cold start as well.
We have a suspicion that the HDMI interface can go faulty. If nothing gets it going, tell Humax all the things you have tried and take no nonsense from them.

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will give it all a try tomorrow and post the results.
Luckily the unit is still under warranty so I will get back to Humax if all fails.
I did browse some of the similar problems in here but as you say there's no definitive answer, thanks again.

Just to update, Nothing helped so Humax are sending a replacement unit on Wednesday.
I don't know if this will be a new unit or a reconditioned one, I have been told to keep the accessories so its just the actual box thats coming.

You can only do a cursory inspection for damaged packaging before accepting it from the courier. The checklist I referenced allows you to be reasonably sure the unit is functional and you don't have to apply to Humax for an immediate replacement.

You can only do a cursory inspection for damaged packaging before accepting it from the courier. The checklist I referenced allows you to be reasonably sure the unit is functional and you don't have to apply to Humax for an immediate replacement.
Ah right, got it.
Thank you , I will do that......Fingers crossed.

P.S. It's typical, As soon as I requested an exchange this has been working fine.

If there is obvious physical damage on delivery I would refuse the delivery, or at the very least make a statement to the effect on the docket. It depends in the courier's procedures.

What got your HDMI working again - just random?

Its just random, Been working normally the last two days.
I didn't want to cancel the replacement though as it might start again.

Back