Green screen when upgraded to 4K TV

I knew that. Just trying to keep the conversation going. Trolling they tell me it is. (But I'm not sure what that even means. :roflmao: )

I hope to get a LG 4K oled TV later this month. I have a lot of Full-HD kit. I don't anticipate any issues as my AV receiver (Denon- X7200-WA) can scale HDMI inputs to 1080p or 4K.

LG Blu-ray player, HDR-FOX-T2, Chrome cast, NOW TV stick, Amazon 4K Fire TV stick. I have a 4K UHD Panasonic on order which will need HDCP 2.2 to play back HDR content.

I hope to get a LG 4K oled TV later this month.
I'm also thinking about going 4K LG OLED, I would appreciate details of model number etc, maybe you could try the HDR-Fox T2 directly to the LG OLED, as there have been reports of both sound and vision HDMI problems with that combination - maybe a post for hummy arms though, rather than here

We are getting off topic here, but I would ask another question, why are OLEDs consistantly voted the best to view?, when a LED is off it emits no light, an LCD always transmits some light, so it can never truly be black

Last edited:
Just to add I have a 4K Panasonic from 2016 and all works fine with the humax, can I suggest you have a read up on a Hdfury I use mine to convert from up to date hdmi to component for my projector but I’m sure I read somewhere that it can strip all info from a hdmi signal so you can use legacy devices, apologies if this isn’t correct

why oh why pay the substantial bucks to save the 2 cm of space with oled?
I wasn't bothered about 20mm - in fact it's irrelevant given the other stuff on the back of the set. It's the picture and sound quality I went for. The blacks are amazing - I watch in a dark room (SWMBO always wants a light on ?!) and when the picture goes black I can't see the TV on the wall ... or the wall for that matter. Our previous plasma set was always a grey panel.

OLED's when off are pure black. There is no backlight, OLED's generate their own light.

From Which It's an astonishing 55-inch 4K OLED from LG. It's exceptionally thin because OLEDs don't need backlights. Instead, each miniscule bulb in the display is self-emitting. Thinness is one benefit, but a better one is the improved contrast and the increased control over what areas of the screen are lit.

I have had this issue very occasionally when plugged directly into a Bush Flatscreen TV DLED32165HDDVD but it would be fixed by power cycling. I just a got a Samsung 4K TV UE43TU7110KXXU and the Humax HDR T2 Fox is no problem when plugged directly into the TV. However I also have a Yamaha RX-V673 A/V Amplifier which is a kind of vintage device going back to 2012/13, but it can do 4k and is probably HDMI 1.4, whereas the TV is likely HDMI 2.0. The Humax was working fine with that then last night after I'd had a hard day "it" struck again ! I'd had a few rums so was not prepared and just mindlessly kept power cycling but always got the green screen. I swear for a brief moment I felt like smashing the device to pieces but sanity took over again and I plugged it back into the Samsung TV directly. Then there was immediately NO green screen !

I gather that this is an HDCP issue. I think there was a suggestion somewhere to use some kind of HDCP stripper ? Has this been tried ? Does it actually solve the problem ?

Back