Green Screen with New Panasonic TV's

As explained in a previous green screen thread, I put my Sony Bravia in the loft and bought a Panasonic Viera, which seems to work fine.
As a matter of interest, although my HDR would not work with the Bravia, my HD worked every time.

I have had the green screen with my Panasonic plasma on a few odd occasions through the interaction with my sat box when in use... Blowed if I can remember the events that led up to it. Also this was linked as I recall to much early software.

Interesting that BMAX replaced their TV with a Panasonic Viera. It's that very brand I'm having the green screen issues. Oh well might have to stick with my 6 year old plasma for now and wait for LED technology to improve to the point where pictures look natural.

I've got a Panny GT30 and have not had any green screen issues, but I have a feeling that the handshaking behaviour is different depending on which HDMI port on the TV you use. I have my HDR connected to HDMI1 (I think!), and switching the HDR out of standby from cold (i.e. not recording/preparing to record something) makes the TV switch to that input to display the Humax logo at startup, then switches back to it's own tuner for a couple seconds, and then switches back to the HDR's HDMI input again from which point the HDR is then useable. Slightly annoying, but bearable! I seem to remember the TV didn't switch to the HDMI input at all if I used the other ports. I'm wondering if the handshaking has failed and it's falling back to some kind of signal detection which only works on port 1. So my advice would be to try your HDR on all the HDMI ports on a panny if you haven't done so already, before you give up on it :)

Did you try toggling the HDMI control stuff off on the Panasonic TV Menu so it's not using the HDMI for anything too flash.

What do I mean by this, I got an option, "Control with HDMI" - I got that one turned off, not saying that is it. That's more vanilla than not. I have power on preference as AV.

I tried all the options on the HDMI menu. Doesn't seem to be any straightforward logic as the T2 worked with the display model in store which had all the same software, settings etc.

I get this problem occasionally with my Onkyo AV Amp. I also got it with a previous Yamaha Amp. Trouble is, each company blames the other for the problems so you don't get anywhere with error reporting.

I get a black screen, though. Turning the amp off and on cures it. Bl**dy HDMI HDCP!

Indeed, HDMI HDCP is the spawn of satan. I hope the people involved in designing this unreliable rubbish are properly ashamed of the themselves.

I have to use my DTR-T1000 YouView box over RGB SCART because the firmware update last summer broke the HDCP with my Sony TV. On an HDR I could have just downgraded, but I get no choice on YouView.

I tried all the options on the HDMI menu. Doesn't seem to be any straightforward logic as the T2 worked with the display model in store which had all the same software, settings etc.
To confirm, was the display model on exactly the same version as yours is on now? If your model has internet connectivity you could try doing a software update over the internet.

It was pretty poor when the managerof the shop tested my T2 with a new Panasonic, LG, Samsung TV etc and it got a green screen with all of them!

I have HDR-FOXes running without fault on LG and Samsung TVs. Maybe it was your HDR-FOX that was the problem.

It was the T2 that was the problem. It was irritating that Humax customer support is so poor that it took a month and several phone calls for them to admit it.

I know. And like I said:It was the HDR-Fox T2 that was the problem. It was irritating that Humax customer support is so poor that it took a month and several phone calls for them to admit it.

Back