Green Screen

Greecian

I had the dreaded 'green screen' for the first time today. The box switched on to the selected channel briefly and then to the green screen. I couldn't get it to work properly at all. I called Humax Technical who told me that I should let the box boot up completely and only then switch the TV to the HDMI input.........and it worked!

Gerry

I have seen a few green screens. It has always been OK if I switch the TV to another input and the back to HDMI again.

The TV generally comes up on HDMI, if we were watching Hummy previously, so I suppose the advice is to let Hummy boot up before switching the TV on.

Its when the humax-tv service stops. If you've rooted your box and you restart or stop humax-tv it goes to the greenscreen. A reboot usually fixes it.

Mine has just started doing this. Looks like it's happening when it's been left alone for a few hours.
If it continues, I think I'll get it replaced..

I had a green screen once, after I had the Humax Foxsat HDR only a couple of days. Didnt know anything about what it meant. I switched the Pana tv back to internal Freeview, then back to Humax, all ok. Never had the green screen again. Now this: the Pana tv is on its internal Freeview tuner. When I start the Humax, the tv first switches to the Humax, I see its startup splash for a few seconds, then it goes back to tv for a few seconds, then to the Humax permanantly. How does that compare with others?

My box is not a Freesat, it's connected a Sony tv via an HDMI lead. I have to select the input on the TV manually. There is no indication on the TV screen that the Humax has booted up.

Gerry

Back