Handmaid's Tale

MontysEvilTwin

I noticed that the series link I set up for the Handmaid's Tale on Channel 4HD had not updated after the first episode. I set it up again but it seems that this series has now been given the same series CRID as a programme called 'Handmade': If you set up a series link for one of the series it also schedules recordings for the other.

Edit. They have also made the same mistake on Channel 4 and Channel 4+1.

Last edited:
I've been recording the 'Handmade ...' series and noticed that Sundays episode of the Handmaids Tale was being included.
I just did a 'skip this episode' on Handmaids Tale. There is only one more episode of Handmade anyway, so I wasn't going to get bothered over it.

seems like time to write to radio Times over how useless ch4 are with their codes.

Has anyone contacted Channel 4 and told them how useless they are? Doubt whether OFCOM would think it is within their remit, but someone could give it a go. Not me though, I haven't watched anything on Channel 4 for ages.

I noticed that the series link I set up for the Handmaid's Tale on Channel 4HD had not updated after the first episode. I set it up again but it seems that this series has now been given the same series CRID as a programme called 'Handmade': If you set up a series link for one of the series it also schedules recordings for the other.

Edit. They have also made the same mistake on Channel 4 and Channel 4+1.
Came here to say the same.

I wonder if Channel 4 uses the same technique as Donald Trump does when he's tweeting:
just shouting out words that someone else types in?

Channel 4 are in the throes of rolling out HD regional advertising variants and 104 vs 126 HD LCN swaps for freesat with testing on-going ... they are having issues with subtitling; and it may all be inter-related? {Remember they are having to ensure both playout locations can work, seamlessly, for all the different channels and sub-services like subtitles and AD.}

A Handmaid's Tale was orphaned for me (on Freesat) after the first episode, which points to a CRID change, and we had a 3-recording clash for ep2 ... but as it's available to us via Amazon Prime Video will likely watch the others there. Never noticed the 'other' prog issue myself - but freesat will use the exact same data ad Freeview and the 'alternative' variations of C4.

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers has contact details if people wish to feed back or complain to them. I doubt they'll be unaware by now - but you never know. ;)

A Handmaid's Tale was orphaned for me (on Freesat) after the first episode, which points to a CRID change,
Damn channel 4. I have recently started using my foxsat and this is the first thing which they freesat have messed up in about three months. Also I enjoy the lack of the mysterious crash on the T2. Yes there are crappy things which I have learned to get round relatively easily. But the planned recording works like a dream

Back