Happy Birthday to my Humax

brianmt

My hummy will be one this week and without a shadow of doubt ranks alongside the dishwasher as the most useful piece of equipment in our house. I bought it to replace an ailing 9200, bought nov 04 and still going strong now that I've cleaned the clock. My wife, who's a technophobe, really took to the 9200 so the transition in our household was seamless. I won't say me and my hummy haven't had words on occasion but with the newest software the thing has become a pussy. I've installed all the latest mods and great they are too, all I need now is some decent programs to archive !!!
I still get a kick out of streaming video to my android phone in the smallest room, sad I know but small things etc. I stream music from my laptop to the hummy and listen via my amp, most satisfactory. Recently I though why use the laptop, why not load my music onto the hummy so that's what i did, only fly in the ointment is that there is no true random play but....My hummy is fast becoming a full blown media centre, I've even got a couple of gigs of pics as well.
So to sum up Ace piece of kit , all that's missing is for you moders out there to come up with a random play on the audio and some way of making it wash the dishes !!

Happy birthday Hummy :D

ps still prefer the 9200 remote though

Please be sure that the dishwasher can interface via the front USB port. I'm already using the one at the back to take the dog for a walk.

Actually, I was going for the Zanlec Credapoint internet washer, enough room inside to retro-fit the Humax chassis and put a full-HD LED panel on the front.

Back