Harmony 700

This is just a theory, what if the Remote control had more than 6 Modes or 'pages' that it can associate with the PVR function, six of which are programmed with Humax modes 1-6 and a seventh programmed with no codes at all, then 0 + OK followed by '7' would select a seventh page that contains no RC codes, so pressing the 'non-mode' buttons would do nothing and 0 + OK followed by '1' would select the 'working' page. If I could get my JP1 interface working for the RM-F04, it's contents could be examined
Hi
Don't know but I am pretty sure I never pressed 0+OK+7 at any time
I have sourced another remote but it is ADB 1.0 not MDB 1.3
Will this work with 0+OK ?

BTW what's a JP1

Thanks

I have sourced another remote but it is ADB 1.0 not MDB 1.3
Will this work with 0+OK ?
An ADB 1.0 remote control should work fine, but may use the 4-digit remote codes for controlling other equipment, although I have an ADB 1.0 labelled remote that uses the 3-digit remote codes.

BTW what's a JP1
The Humax Remote controls, RM-F04, RM-F01 etc. use a common chip-set used in Universal Remote controls, the All-4-One range uses the same chip-set. These remotes can be programmed using a P.C. via an interface called JP1. This means the Humax remote could be programmed using a P.C. to control any piece of equipment, they can also be examined (read) via the same JP1 interface. HERE is a link to a JP1 forum

The Humax Remote controls, RM-F04, RM-F01 etc. use a common chip-set used in Universal Remote controls, the All-4-One range uses the same chip-set. These remotes can be programmed using a P.C. via an interface called JP1. This means the Humax remote could be programmed using a P.C. to control any piece of equipment, they can also be examined (read) via the same JP1 interface. HERE is a link to a JP1 forum

Hi
Never heard of this before very interesting like to learn something new
From what I Googled I got the impression there was a 6 pin connector involved
I don't see anything like that on the Humax RCU
So how do you connect ?

Thanks

I don't see anything like that on the Humax RCU So how do you connect ?
Unfortunately (as af123 says) Humax haven't fitted the connector, I guess they programme it by connecting probes to the bare Printed Circuit Board before assembling the Remote, here is a picture (click for more detail) of the JP1 connector on my very cheap All-4-One 8350 (LINK), Note sometimes you will find 6 gold 'pads' or 6 holes in the shape of the connector when it isn't fitted

JP1.jpg

Hi Hands too old and shaky for soldering :)Thanks
There also the problem of where the equivalent solder connections would be made on the HDR/HD (RM-F04) printed Circuit Board, as the picture is of a RM-F01 remote used on the Humax Fox-Sat

Unfortunately (as af123 says) Humax haven't fitted the connector, I guess they programme it by connecting probes to the bare Printed Circuit Board before assembling the Remote, here is a picture (click for more detail) of the JP1 connector on my very cheap All-4-One 8350 (LINK), Note sometimes you will find 6 gold 'pads' or 6 holes in the shape of the connector when it isn't fitted

View attachment 675
Hi
Do all All-4-Ones come with the JP1 connector ?
I need to control 8 devices

And sorry another question where is the wishlist for the CF

Thanks

I don't think that there is a "wishlist" thread in the customised firmware forum, perhaps you would like to start one.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps BH was suggesting, in a roundabout way, that the CF section of the forum would be a more appropriate area to start a Wish List?

It won't do any harm.

EDIT: Sorry Brian, our posts crossed.

The problem with a wish list is that discussion gets cross-threaded. What we have been doing is starting a topic for any particular feature with a title something like "Feature Request: xxx". Whatever the wish, there is a fair chance somebody has suggested it.

The problem with a wish list is that discussion gets cross-threaded. What we have been doing is starting a topic for any particular feature with a title something like "Feature Request: xxx". Whatever the wish, there is a fair chance somebody has suggested it.
Hi
I have just added one over there
Thanks

Back