HD/HDR-FOX Screensaver Bug

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
After all this time, the behaviour of the screensaver has gone unnoticed as a bug:
  • If the picture is paused in live/timeshift, or recording playback, the screensaver clock comes up after a couple of minutes.
  • During playback of an audio-only recording, the music slide is replaced by the screensaver after a couple of minutes.
  • During live play from a radio service, the screensaver kicks in even though the on-screen info is changing.
  • During live play from a data service (eg LCN 200 or 302), there is a static slide displayed but the screensaver does not kick in.
  • Pausing iPlayer does not produce the screensaver clock however long paused.
Based on the behaviour exemplified in the first two observations above, the last three appear anomalous.

• During live play from a radio service, the screensaver kicks in even though the on-screen info is changing.
That was definitely noticed and commented on a forum, but I'm not sure it was hummy.tv. As it is a pain there are probably a lot of Humax freeview Radio users who have noticed it.
It would have made more sense for the screen saver to have been applied to the Internet Radio app, though probably not as easily.

BH, how soon do you see the screensaver appear during playback of an audio-only recording? I record a radio 4 programme every week, but it's never more than about 4 or 5 minutes, and I don't think I've ever seen the screensaver appear when it's playing (assuming that's the kind of thing you meant by 'audio-only')

I checked this morning doing exactly that, and it was only a minute or two - but this is on an HD-FOX running 1.02.29 if that has anything to do with it.

Pretty much all timeouts in the Humax software are three minutes, so that would be my guess..

Says to me that the internal timer runs when a broadcast stream is active. A data service channel is just that - data only.
The portal on the other hand runs on top of the channel, so maybe running iplayer while on a data channel would prevent the screensaver kicking in?
Just a guess..

After all this time, the behaviour of the screensaver has gone unnoticed as a bug:
  • If the picture is paused in live/timeshift, recording playback, or iPlayer, the screensaver clock comes up after a couple of minutes.
Are you sure about this? I have never seen the screen saver clock appear whilst pausing BBC iPlayer. I have just tried pausing a programme for 10 minutes, and gave up after that.

Yeah I tried also this morning after upgrading my hdd.. No screensaver on iplayer, which implies the screensaver is not activated when the portal is active or on a data only channel.

My screensaver has stopped appearing today. Left it sitting there for an hour on pause, and just the picture shows throughout.
Never seen this before. Uptime 15 days.

Yes, I have also seen this. I have no idea about what circumstances bring this about, but I think it persists until a reboot.

Same here.

I've also seen it come out of the screensaver, possibly triggered by the start or end of a recording although I've not checked.
I can confirm that the screensaver ends at end of recording (but not at start of recording) but it restarts 2-3 minutes later so not the problem that @prpr is experiencing.

Back