HD .ts file to blu-ray

makeydiam

Hello,

Im trying to get my HD recordings to blu-ray.

I've extracted them to my pc, have "foxy"ed them to decrypt. Then used videoredo to cut, snip and edit.

Now, I'm at a loss. I'd like to get them to blu-ray format, and burn them on a blank disk so they can be played in a standard blu-ray player.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction. Many thanks for any help!!

The free TSMuxerGUI has the capability to write either a blu-ray folder or a AVCHD folder from a .ts file. Either can be burnt with IMGburn (Also Free). Note the AVCHD option can also be burnt in HD to a DVD blank (No blu-ray burner required) . You do need a blu-ray player to pay back AVCHD on DVD. Obviously a DVD blank has less storage then the 25GB you get on a Blu-Ray blank. As compared to blu-ray broadcast HD is relatively low bitrate (especially BBC HD ) You will get approx 85mins of BBC HD on a single layer DVD blank.

You need proper authoring software though if you want to incorporate titles and chapter menus. (eg Sony DVD Architect).

Thank you both for the informative and very helpful replies.

I didn't realise BBC was a lower bitrate, I'd always assumed it was higher that C4 and ITV. Out of pure curiosity, which is the higher?

Thank you both for the informative and very helpful replies.

I didn't realise BBC was a lower bitrate, I'd always assumed it was higher that C4 and ITV. Out of pure curiosity, which is the higher?

Channel 4 usually. Presumably the beeb have the best h264 encoders. If your file is around 4GB or just over it will fit on a DVD.

To add, the high def. recordings are H264 encoded already and although the HDR-FOX produces 'ts' files they are actually in 'm2ts' format: all that is needed is to change the extension to 'm2ts'. I'm not sure about the audio though. This in in LATM-AAC format and it might need transcoding to AC3 to play on a blu-ray. You should be able to do this with VideoReDo and as you only need to transcode the audio it should not be too processor intensive. Another thing to add is that TSmuxer GUI, should you wish to use it, can't cope with LATM-AAC audio, it has to be converted to ADTS-AAC first.

Thanks, I'll have a look at transcoding the audio. Hopefully the sync will hold! Plenty off blank discs to try it out.

Thanks, I'll have a look at transcoding the audio. Hopefully the sync will hold! Plenty off blank discs to try it out.

TSMuxer can adjust lip synch when muxing audio and video. I had forgotten about the aac audio. A setting of +100 works for me. These days I just stick all content on a portable USB hard disk. My blu-ray player usb media player works with AAC audio and also plays back 1080p24 at 24Hz.

Now, I'm at a loss. I'd like to get them to blu-ray format, and burn them on a blank disk so they can be played in a standard blu-ray player.
This is pure speculation on my part, but I would have thought Blu-ray players can play just about anything you throw at them. You could try simply burning the .ts to disc as data, or renaming it to .m2ts first - and if neither of those work, repackage to .mp4. No authoring required.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I would have thought Blu-ray players can play just about anything you throw at them. You could try simply burning the .ts to disc as data, or renaming it to .m2ts first - and if neither of those work, repackage to .mp4. No authoring required.

They do not normally play back video data disks. They need the DVD-Video, Blu-Ray or AVCHD file and folder structure. AAC support is not part of the Blu-ray spec which as a minimum requires ac3 and lpcm audio support.

They do not normally play back video data disks. They need the DVD-Video, Blu-Ray or AVCHD file and folder structure. AAC support is not part of the Blu-ray spec which as a minimum requires ac3 and lpcm audio support.

Thanks everyone for the input. I've hit a slight snag, and am scratching my head again.

So, I've:
- taken my .ts file and decrypted it using foxy
- Used videoredo to snip out the adverts and neaten up the beginning and end and convert audio.
- Converted it to a BD structured folder with TSmuxer, also tried an ISO output. There are options to do TS output and M2ts output (haven't tried those)
- Then I used Imgburn to burn to a UDP 2.50 friendly disk
- Popped into the PS3 and black screen!

I tried both an iso and a direct folder with Imgburn , but neither worked. Both gave a black screen.

Anyone have any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Thanks everyone for the input. I've hit a slight snag, and am scratching my head again.

So, I've:
- taken my .ts file and decrypted it using foxy
- Used videoredo to snip out the adverts and neaten up the beginning and end and convert audio.
- Converted it to a BD structured folder with TSmuxer, also tried an ISO output. There are options to do TS output and M2ts output (haven't tried those)
- Then I used Imgburn to burn to a UDP 2.50 friendly disk
- Popped into the PS3 and black screen!

I tried both an iso and a direct folder with Imgburn , but neither worked. Both gave a black screen.

Anyone have any ideas where I might be going wrong?

I take it the disk won't play either on a PC using your blu-ray burner ? If you explore the disk on your PC what folders do you have on the disk ?

Before we go any further, can you use MediaInfo to look at the output file and export the details from treeview and post the text.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/dvdrip/110-guides/blu-ray-copy/260-burn-blu-ray-avchd-using-imgburn

I noticed on the tsMuxer though that it said:
"Warning! AAC codec is not standard for BD disks"

There were 2 audio output options in videoredo for mts2 : MPEG layer 2 and AAC
I chose AAC.

I noticed on the tsMuxer though that it said:
"Warning! AAC codec is not standard for BD disks"

There were 2 audio output options in videoredo for mts2 : MPEG layer 2 and AAC
I chose AAC.

When you export from Videoredo - Choose Profile options Audio Advanced and select ac3.

I tried a file I had hanging around with aac audio and the option was offered. In the past I used seperate (paid for) software to convert the audio and remuxed with TSmuxer. This morning created a short clip and videoredo doesn't offer the option. Having a play now, if I find a way I will post again.

Back