HDD !!WARNING!!

I've put the new 2Tb HDD in and it seems to be OK. I was surprised how quickly the T2 formatted it but I guess its the windows equivalent of a quick format.
It surprised me too first time.

I can read the files on the old drive but I've tried to play one file which is an SD one, with VLC but nothing doing. Is it encrypted to play only on the machine it came out of?
Unless you did something about it (which was the original purpose of the CF), of course it is. Full explanation here: Things Every... (click) section 5. Decrypt everything by routine and then your recordings are no longer at risk if the HDR-FOX itself fails terminally.

I've not plugged the cradle containing the old drive into the T2 yet, I'm hoping I can read them off there.
You will.

Ah well, back to the drawing board. I've connected it via the front USB port and I can play the video that is on it, but I'm having a problem copying it to the HDD inside the T2.
It is certainly possible; either via the normal Humax interface or via the command line of the custom firmware. It is a slow process. Could you explain in detail what you have tried and what happens?

"a problem" doesn't tell us much!
I didn't know what the problem was exactly but I think it may have been finger trouble. I had another go yesterday and managed to shift stuff from the old drive, connected to the front USB, to the new internal one.

When I press "Media" & "OK" I see Three USB drives in the main list, but I guess that must be down to me updating the packages and installing some I didn't have before?

I am now unable to successfully download media to my PC, via the web IF, since updating packages. They are downloaded but are unreadable and appear to be still encrypted.

Media Info reports the following.

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\The Doctor Blake Mysteries_20170813_1959.ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
Format profile : No PAT/PMT
File size : 956 MiB
FileExtension_Invalid : m2ts ssif

Is there a package I've left out, as I used to be able to download without the encryption?

Thanks

Go through the steps listed for your particular decryption method in the Decryption Guide (linked to from Things Every section 5, see post 21 above), and check that everything listed is in place and working. The most obvious place to start is to check that the DLNA server is turned on: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = ON.

Go through the steps listed for your particular decryption method in the Decryption Guide (linked to from Things Every section 5, see post 21 above), and check that everything listed is in place and working. The most obvious place to start is to check that the DLNA server is turned on: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = ON.
OK, content sharing was off., I've now switched it on.

I've got auto-unprotect installed, but I can't find "unencrypt" or "Auto-decrypt" anywhere. I'm considering cloning the old HDD to the new one. Do you think that'll work and be a quicker fix, or am I almost there?

Thanks

The unencrypt package is deprecated, as per the comments in the Method 1 description. The current means to achieve the same thing is Method 2. Auto-decrypt and Recursive Auto-decrypt are flags set in WebIF via the media browser, not packages (see description in Method 2).

With Content Share re-established, your downloads will be decrypted in the process of downloading (regardless of auto-decryption). This is Method 4.

The unencrypt package is deprecated, as per the comments in the Method 1 description. The current means to achieve the same thing is Method 2. Auto-decrypt and Recursive Auto-decrypt are flags set in WebIF via the media browser, not packages (see description in Method 2).

With Content Share re-established, your downloads will be decrypted in the process of downloading (regardless of auto-decryption). This is Method 4.

Done that and its back to as it was. I was amazed by the number of packages which are available since I updated a couple of years ago. I think I'll have to look for another T2 as although I've got two, it'll be worth having another. I've also got a Foxsat and I think I'll look for spare.

Thanks again.

Pete

PS I just had this warning:

14/08/2017 17:16:40 - /mnt/hd2/My Video/The Doctor Blake Mysteries_20170813_1959.ts - auto-decrypt failed.

Although the file I downloaded played OK.

Last edited:
There is a problem with Drama at the moment - see this thread:
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/drama-channel-20-not-decrypting.8090/

I think the CFW and packages have grown so much over the last few years I've not kept up with it all, and there is a lot I don't know or understand.

I'm still getting this message although I've downloaded and watched it on my PC. Its now tried 40 times. How do I stop it? I have watched it and deleted it so I hope the warning disappears.

I now have a folder, inside deleted items, called webif_autodecript with five files in it. So does that mean some sort of description is running in the background? If so can I stop it and just do like I used to, and decrypt on demand when I archive to a USB drive or use the Web IF to download it via the opt+ button?

Off topic, but I notice you, peterworks, receive your service from the IOW Rowridge TX. I remember we used to get a BBC Band 1 signal from there during "lift" conditions. Rowridge Round-Up was the program I remember.

Just ignore the message.

As noted in the other topic, there is an unexplained problem when auto-decrypt tries to process anything recorded from Drama (and possibly other services on that multiplex). It works when manually decrypted (which is weird). Either ignore it (it won't hurt), or turn off global decryption and rely on manually decrypting when you need to.

Just ignore the message.

As noted in the other topic, there is an unexplained problem when auto-decrypt tries to process anything recorded from Drama (and possibly other services on that multiplex). It works when manually decrypted (which is weird). Either ignore it (it won't hurt), or turn off global decryption and rely on manually decrypting when you need to.
If I want to disable global decryption, I assume thats via the WEB IF, Media, the opt+ button and click the Disable Auto-decrypt button. Is that the way to sort it? If so will I still be able to download and decrypt via the front USB & the WEB IF. I'm going to check this now anyhow. I've just done that with a programme from Drama and it plays on my PC

I was going to ask about the ir package, but I see it has to be matched to the mode of the physical one and a re-boot done. As I'm recording at the moment, it'll have to wait until the morning.

Thanks
Pete

Last edited:
14/08/2017 17:16:40 - /mnt/hd2/My Video/The Doctor Blake Mysteries_20170813_1959.ts - auto-decrypt failed.
af123 has a fix for this in the pipeline:
This is happening because the programme association table (PAT) is now being split over two packets which is exposing a bug in the stripts utility which is used to check for successful decryption. A fix will be coming shortly!
stripts version 1.3.1 is now available in the repository and should fix this problem.
If you have the autoupdate package installed, the fix will have applied itself automatically overnight, otherwise you will have to do it yourself.

af123 has a fix for this in the pipeline:

If you have the autoupdate package installed, the fix will have applied itself automatically overnight, otherwise you will have to do it yourself.
I think it has. I did have a notice which seemed to confirm this.

Thanks.

Back