HDMI problems

My new HDR-T2 doesn't work on the older TV Pioneer 504HDE but does on the newer Pioneer KRP600.
I’ve tried everything I can think of including all V formats, 576i >> 1080i (monitored from SCART conn) but 504 TV doesn’t display picture or recognise any resolution 1080i etc. just ‘HDMI’
All I get after power up is the Humax logo then a green screen followed by no picture or sound on HDMI.
ALL my other HDMI devices work perfectly using same cable/TV HDMI input, SKY HD box, x2 DVD players, Technomate HD7100 Satellite receiver.
Humax support have replied asking for the obvious - what s.ware version, which is the latest I believe - FHTCP 1.02.20

Keeping the box on, if you turn the tv off and back on, does the picture appear?
Likewise, if you turn off the box and back on again, does the picture show up?

It sounds like 1) the HDMI negotiation is failing or 2) the HDCP is blocking the picture. 2 seems more likely as its blanking out after the Humax logo which would be when HDCP would kick in.

Searching google for 504HDE HDMI problems, brings in quite a few results, but it should work as its working for your Sky HD box.

I've tried all power on/off options, nothing works. What is the purpose of HDCP in this basic scenario ?

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me this morning.

Now your questions.

The TV is a sony KDL46W4000 about 3 years old. The set works with full 1080P connections from two Bluray players and 1080i from Sky. I'm sure it is a full HD set thought it doesn't have a T2 tuner. When you select an input the tv tells you the connection information and for the BD players it says 1080P and never had a problem. I therefore set the Humax to 1080P but the tv image was streched vertically and when trying to reconnect I noticed it said 576i. Pressing the V (whatever) button I managed to get it up to 1080i but the humax refused to step further no matter how long or in what manner I pressed the button.

Bob.

I use a HD FOX T2 with the 40" Version of your set. No problem with using any of the vformat options including 1080p. Box set to widescreen 16:9 and TV Screen Settings Screen Format Wide, Auto Format Off, Display Area Full Pixel

The plot thickens but I will get to the bottom of this - I spoke to Pioneer support, Tel: 01753 789 500, very helpful who say given the previous known HDMI problem with Sky box > 504HDE (green screen like I get) the only thing he could suggest was to replace the 504HDE Media box HDMI chip, supplied to dealer FOC, but which may or not fix it. Of course dealer says they can only replace the whole PCB with that chip on ! Worst part is I've already had same board repaired by them due to the stupid Pioneer media box trap switch kicking in when you take the cover off (which I didn't). Dry joint they say. So now the PCB they soldered will be thrown away (I think not, flog it on ebay) and replaced with a new one for the sake of one chip.. Welcome to rip-off Britain ! I now think Humax are less likely to be the culprits and more compliant with protocol.

Back