HDR-2000T Content Streaming issue

hummyLemon

Hi,

I'm attempting to enable uPnP to stream my recordings across the house, I've enabled both content sharing and FTP, and I can via both methods. When connecting to uPnP via VLC or Kodi I can see the box and navigate to the recording series folders but I cannot see any files; when connecting via FTP I can pull down the files but I just want to simply stream straight to another device rather than go through the hassle of decryption and moving files around.

I've read that it could well be that the content share needs to index the files but it's been a good few hours now and still nothing is showing up. Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers,
Lem

I have decrypted one test file and put it back on the box, neither that nor the standard def recordings are showing.

Have you tried shutting down and restarting the content sharing and ftp servers? I've had some problems in the past where this has helped.

I tell a lie, it just started showing up with the decrypted file! Hurray it works.

Now to find a way to automate Foxy to decrypt en-mass by dragging everything from the FTP to my machine, updating it, then putting them back.

Now to find a way to automate Foxy to decrypt en-mass by dragging everything from the FTP to my machine, updating it, then putting them back.
If you're into programming/scripting of any sort it's fairly straightforward to search the Humax filestore (from ftp) for all .hmt files, check the byte at location 0x03DC (0x indicates a hexadecimal number) of each file and ensure it is 0x04, and put the file back on the Humax if you've changed it. I don't know if anyone else has produced something to do it.

I tell a lie, it just started showing up with the decrypted file! Hurray it works.

That should not be necessary for streaming StDef recordings by DLNA unless the broadcaster has locked them (not usual but it has happened).

If you're into programming/scripting of any sort it's fairly straightforward to search the Humax filestore (from ftp) for all .hmt files, check the byte at location 0x03DC (0x indicates a hexadecimal number) of each file and ensure it is 0x04, and put the file back on the Humax if you've changed it. I don't know if anyone else has produced something to do it.
Have a look here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/idea-foxy-max-pc-utility-developer-needed.5491/post-76857

So I am actually writing something that will download the .hmt files, fire them through a conversion script, then put them back on the box. It's pretty shanky code at the moment but if anyone else is going to find it useful I might be able to find the time to clean it up and share it out to people. I'm planning to have it run off of a raspberry pi every hour and it just converts all files, I do need to test what will happen though if you're currently recording or watching something, so I may just make it a button click.

I did develop something along the lines of your proposal in that thread, written in Java. The lack of interest shown by others meant it has gone into the "only update it when something I want doesn't work" box. [Also, I currently don't have the time to tidy it up for public use] It was meant to be run when needed. The "Foxy" part is on a button and not a schedule. (I don't record much HiDef and can't stream it anyway - PC too slow)
I do need to test what will happen though if you're currently recording or watching something, so I may just make it a button click.
Watching something shouldn't be a problem. Editing the .hmt as it is recording might screw up the file. The trick I use, which may turn out to be wrong - I wrote this a long time ago - is to check the byte at 0x28c, if the value is 0x02 then the recording is valid (completed?), if 0x00 it has just started, and 0x01 indicates the recording is in progress and over 30s long. Although you could screw up the .hmt file, the recording (the .ts file) may be OK. It might be advisable to backup the .hmt file, edit it etc. If you make a mess, you can return the original .hmt file and watch the programme.

Last edited:
Back