HDR disconnecting from TV when changing channels

cliffg

My Foxsat HDR is 17 months old and has been Ok until a couple of days ago.
When I change to a different channel it appears to drop the connection to the TV and then reconnect which takes about 15-20 secs. I have changed the HDMI cable for a new one but it made no difference. Has anyone got an idea what could be causing this?

Hi Cliff. What are the symptoms you are experiencing and did you change anything just before it started happening? Or was it completely unprovoked?

Hi Cliff. What are the symptoms you are experiencing and did you change anything just before it started happening? Or was it completely unprovoked?

Hi Trev,
No I haven't done anything to it at all. Normally when I want to connect the HDR I have to select HDMI on my Sony Bravia TV. It takes about 20 secs to connect. The TV seems to go through a process of checking the resolution which it displays on the screen. Then it connects to the HDR.
Normally changing channels is seamless but just lately it seems to drop the connection to the TV and then reconnects after about 20 secs(displaying the resolution as it does so).

Strange, I just checked mine, I have a Sony Bravia as well. Not that it helps your problem but mine just does it. once I have originally selected the Hummy HDMI input screen blank for less than 2 secs then the Input and res popup in the top right. When changing channels using the OK list way (SD-HD, HD-SD, SD-SD etc) the screen goes black for less than a second and then displays the new channel. The only other thing I get is the blue channel info panel at the bottom if I change channels with the number keys, but nothing if I use the OK button and choose a channel. I don't get the resolution popup in the top right corner at all.

I have a Sony Bravia as well and my Foxsat-hdr works just like Trev says. Try turning the power off to the box and leave it off for say 30 minutes. If that doesn't fix it I would make a note of the recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults

I have a Sony Bravia as well and my Foxsat-hdr works just like Trev says. Try turning the power off to the box and leave it off for say 30 minutes. If that doesn't fix it I would make a note of the recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults

I have tried cold reboot; unplugged it for 30 mins, didn't fix it.
However I have just done a Factory Reset and it seems to have cured the problem. It now changes from SD to HD and vice versa smoothly.
Thanks to everyone for your help and advice.

Back