HDR-FOX T2 1TB Freezing

Thanks for all your help it is a great box for time lapse tv and series recording (I never watch live commercial tv because I resent spending 20 mins per hour watching ads) in spite of current niggles.regards Gareth

Sam, glad to hear you managed to get a replacement. I'm still waiting on Humax phoning me about a replacement since 15th November.

There is however an update on the box - on Saturday evening all recordings seemed to have disappeared and the HD wanted to be reformatted. I started the reformat on Sunday morning but after 2 hours had to go out for the day. On returning in the evening the box was in standby. I switched on and all the 'lost' recordings had returned - what did it do I wonder?! Since then recordings can have a series of 2 second gaps and judder along for a spell then return to normal. Some recordings are complete but these I believe are when the box is in standby mode and nothing else is happening on the box.

Steve
Update on the above from Dec 8, 2011:

The box has been working reasonably well (apart from gaps in recordings and displays of "The channel is scrambled or not available" and box freezing for a while) but we were living with it. Then on Sunday it stopped when playing back a recording and that was it! Could not play back any recordings, in fact they seem to disappeared and reappear after power cycling(sometimes there, sometimes not)! Could not record(always says 'less than 30 seconds recorded so may not be saved' and scheduled recordings not saved), or delete any recordings and when attempting to re-format the hard-drive it took almost 4 hours but all the folders were still there! Tried again with the same result. Also tried 'factory default' twice with no effect.

Phoned Humax today and they agreed to replace it (after the usual re-tuning suggestion). Hopefully it wont be the same as previously, i.e. no replacement and they eventually returned old box!!

I live in hope of a non faulty Humax PVR.

Steve

Hi not here for a while mainly to see if my luck holds? Have to eat my hat I`m afraid as per advice from this blog a month ago I finally bothered to transfer contents of HD which I wanted to keep to a USB drive and did a reformat of drive and factory reset.To my surprise the freezing during playback has stopped and 1.02.20 working fine now with no apparent problems. Thanks again for advice

Update on the above from Dec 8, 2011:
The box has been working reasonably well (apart from gaps in recordings and displays of "The channel is scrambled or not available" and box freezing for a while) but we were living with it. Then on Sunday it stopped when playing back a recording and that was it! Could not play back any recordings, in fact they seem to disappeared and reappear after power cycling(sometimes there, sometimes not)! Could not record(always says 'less than 30 seconds recorded so may not be saved' and scheduled recordings not saved), or delete any recordings and when attempting to re-format the hard-drive it took almost 4 hours but all the folders were still there! Tried again with the same result. Also tried 'factory default' twice with no effect.
Phoned Humax today and they agreed to replace it (after the usual re-tuning suggestion). Hopefully it wont be the same as previously, i.e. no replacement and they eventually returned old box!!
I live in hope of a non faulty Humax PVR.
Steve

Humax replaced the box last month, April. It really is a great machine and we're enjoying having a fully functioning PVR again.
Steve

Back