HDR Fox T2 and T1000 in same room?

PetrolDave

I've just got a T1000 to eventually replace an HDR Fox-T2 but we've got lots(!) of recordings on the HDR Fox T2 to watch before it gets taken out of use.

BUT, both remotes work both DVRs so I've had to turn off the HDR Fox T2.

I've tried the "hold 0 and OK for 5 seconds" suggestion, but that only changes the mode of the remote not either the HDR Fox T2 or the T1000 (no on-screen messages appear, only the solid red light on the remote itself).

Any other suggestions how I can actually change the mode of either the HDR Fox T2 (preferably) or the T1000?

I don't know the T1000, but you should be able to change the control channel for the HDR-FOX. If the T1000 responds to the same commands, you must turn it off at the wall while you reprogram the HDR-FOX and its handset.

It does work, but takes persistence. Instructions HERE (click) - read down to post 13 for hints.

I'll give pressing OK first and then pressing 0 after a few seconds a try, thanks. I had only tried pressing and holding 0 and OK at the same time...

P.S. It's a pain not being able to quote until I have 10 posts...

UPDATE: Tried the method in post #13 and it worked! Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Are you using the original HDR-Fox T2 RM-F04 remote control?, it won't work with a replacement Remote e.g. a One4All etc.

P.S. It's a pain not being able to quote until I have 10 posts...
There should be no restriction on you being able to quote other posts, but there is a restriction on posting links until you have made 5 posts!

There should be no restriction on you being able to quote other posts, but there is a restriction on posting links until you have made 5 posts!
I guess because the quote included a link it wasn't allowed? And the error message definitely said it wasn't allowed until I had 10 posts not 5?

Are you using the original HDR-Fox T2 RM-F04 remote control?, it won't work with a replacement Remote e.g. a One4All etc.
For Harmony/Logitech universal remotes all the alternative code sets for these Humax boxes are available to download from their database.

For Harmony/Logitech universal remotes all the alternative code sets for these Humax boxes are available to download from their database.
Incorrect. They go through the motions but the codes are wrong. I take the blame for that. I set up 6 incomplete remotes at some stage and lost the will to live when recording the codes. That unfortunately propagated to everyone else. Sorry! :eek:

How do you explain that I was able to download a working code set 2 to operate my Foxsat HDR then?

How do you explain that I was able to download a working code set 2 to operate my Foxsat HDR then?
Because I too use set 2 and input it in full very early on.

I recently used another code and it was totally wrong. You may also find that the commands that the Humax boxes do not share are wrong, eg, the hub command on the T2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Harmony 785 and have done for years now. I have two HDRs in daily use sat under our TV. I configured them to Mode 1 & 2. These would have been uploaded ages ago.

I use a Harmony 785 and have done for years now. I have two HDRs in daily use sat under our TV. I configured them to Mode 1 & 2. These would have been uploaded ages ago.
I had a 785 too, using the old software. I had to key in the codes for modes 3 and 5. These did not carry over to the new web interface, nor was there a way of importing the codes when the new software was launched, even from a 900. There is now.

When I tested a pre-release Harmony Touch, only the factory mode 1 worked. There was the facility to test for another mode using on/off, 1, etc but they did not work. Logitech relies on us inputting correct codes or you can lend them your remote.

It's been a while, but I remember making extensive use of the 785's learning facility. I still use the Logitech Harmony Remote software that came with the device. I think it's version 7.7.0. I have two 785 units. I bought one of eBay as I rely on the original so much. As I am sure that you are aware, they are time consuming to set up, but once that is done, they work really well.

I recently purchased a 6x2 HDMI matrix. It's remote control has a very poor usable distance. I simply used my 785 to learn all it's functions and it works as far away from the matrix as I would ever hope to use.

I bought a matrix too; I wanted 6 into 1 but could only buy 6 into 2. I must say it outperforms my amp in communicating with my boxes and TV, though ARC is a bit hit and miss: if anything gets disconnected I have to power cycle just about everything before the TV sees the switch as a receiver and sends sound back down the hdmi lead.

Logitech rushed out the myhumax software in an unfit state IMHO, rather like Humax always do.

I am really pleased with my 6x2 matrix. The optical out (TOSlink) of the matrix is fed to my Bose Solo TV sound box. I feed all my AV equip into the matrix (2 HDRs, ROKU3, BluRay and Chromcast). Output 1 is connected to HDMI in the lounge (our main TV), output 2 feeds a smaller TV in the morning room via an HDMI over Ethernet link. The morning room TV is not Internet enabled so having access to the Net, thus BBC iPlayer, is great. We can also watch recordings made on either HDR there too. As a Brucie bonus, SWMBO can watch one of 'her recordings' while I'm in the other room watching one of mine! I am really impressed with it.

You sneaked that one in! IIRC the last time we heard about the remote TV it was hanging off a long AV cable.

Yes. The picture quality was cr@p. I decided to try the HDMI over Ethernet route a couple of months ago. I started with a 4x2 matrix at that time too, but that was an error on my part. I hadn't thought things through. The 6x2 is superior IMHO.
I really am surprised it works so well. I have sent for an IR injector for the HDMI lead too. Hopefully it will work over the HDMI/Ethernet link. I have read conflicting reports. For £20 I have taken a punt.

Back