HDR-FOX T2 constantly rebooting

TomT

Hi

My box had just start rebooting.
It comes on we get a minute or two of TV or recording then the image freezes, the sound carries on for a few more seconds then reboot.

It then just loops the above..

Any ideas ?

Have you made any alterations to your network recently? Perhaps added Twonky?

As a test you could disconnect the HDR from your network and see if it stops the reboots.

Hi
That was my first thought.. My son had upgraded his NAS a few days back..

However its now off network and still has the same problem. I was working fine 5 minutes before.

Thanks

Very coincidental though. Have you tried disconnecting it from the network, just to count that out?

Have you perchance disabled the system which disables the flash-resident CF packages in the event of an early crash?

Have you perchance disabled the system which disables the flash-resident CF packages in the event of an early crash?

Not that I'm aware of..

I disconnected the TV aerial and network and rebooted.
Then rescanned all channels... All schedules had been deleted and now it seems to be working again.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days.
Thanks

Could the DLNA database be corrupted? Not sure whether turning off sharing would mask the effect of such corruption. I had a similar problem before, see BH's post #5 in this thread which solved my problem.

For convenience:
in the Humax menus turn off content sharing, then in the WebIF >> Diagnostics >> DLNA Server >> Reset DLNA Database, then test your reboots and re-enable content sharing.

...presuming it remains booted long enough to get in through WebIF. If that doesn't help, go in through Telnet and reboot to maintenance mode - does it reboot then? Run a disk check & repair.

Back