HDR-FOX T2 - customised firmware but can't connect in web browser. Help!

tank121

Just completed the install using a usb stick and the tvportal seems to work and I can confirm it looks different to the standard portal.

However, I'm unable to connect using a web browser to the specified ip address shown on the box 192.168.0.5.

I can ping it fine.

Sw now shows on system information as
Fhtcp 1.02.29 has the custom firmware install from usb worked?

On the Humax logo screen on startup it say a7.30

sounds like you have not installed it. Please describe the steps you took to upgrade to 1.02.29 firmware and 2.14 custom firmware.
If you have installed the custom firmware correctly you should see SW 2.14 on the display at the front of the Humax when you turn it on from a cold start.
Also open a CMD prompt and type telnet 192.168.0.5 you should see Humax# as the response. This is also prove you can connect to the Humax.

It pays to look for the answers on here too yourself.

Sorted I'd sussed it earlier I'd downloaded standard firmware again doh! All sorted now including remote scheduling recording, however I can't see any option on the remote scheduling Page to restart the Humax. I can only see this when connecting on the land epg. I believe a restart is required for the recordings to work?

tant121 : I can't see any option on the remote scheduling Page to restart the Humax.
It is not possible to force an instant reboot from the Remote schedule screen because it is not in 'live' contact with your Humax. The Humax contacts the remote Schedule server when it wakes up, the RS server never initiates contact with your Humax. The Humax has to 'wake-up' twice before info. from the RS server is fully entered into the recording schedule, It is possible to request that the Humax performs this 'Double wake-up' in one go from the RS server options

If you select a program from the RS EPG for recording and then go back to the Home page you will see a screen like this
RS-reboot.jpg

If you click on Schedule Reboot your Humax will contact the RS server and receive two messages, one to record 'Flubber' and one to do a second wake-up

Back