HDR Fox T2 File ts Editing

My usual way of working is a CLI batch file that I can run to produce what I need, so in this case it would be (post Foxy) file.ts (with 5.1 LATM AAC) in, file.mkv (with 5.1 AC3) out.
Simple! :rolleyes:

I haven't had time to go into the options yet but a simple test run produced a useable file.
The following, pasted into a text editor such as Notepad and saved with the file extension .bat will give you the starting point
"path\ffmpeg.exe" -i "path\filename.ts" -vcodec copy -acodec aac -strict -2 "path\filename.ext"
A double-click on the batch file will soon provide you with filename.ext. Just make sure you don’t overwrite the original file if you don’t have a copy.

Using VideoRedo Plus V4 to convert decrypted HD files from .ts to .mp4 (H264) results in an mp4 file which plays fine on a PC using VLC player but when played back on the Humax either over the LAN or via USB has an audio sync delay. Setting the Humax lip sync to 180mS corrects this but then needs to be reset after for other media. Has anyone else noticed this? I use AAC when converting the .ts to .mp4 as the default option was 'not supported' but all other settings are as per the original. However SD .ts files converted to mp4 H264 play fine.

Using VideoRedo Plus V4 to convert decrypted HD files from .ts to .mp4 (H264) results in an mp4 file which plays fine on a PC using VLC player but when played back on the Humax either over the LAN or via USB has an audio sync delay. Setting the Humax lip sync to 180mS corrects this but then needs to be reset after for other media. Has anyone else noticed this? I use AAC when converting the .ts to .mp4 as the default option was 'not supported' but all other settings are as per the original. However SD .ts files converted to mp4 H264 play fine.
Hi Kebos,
My procedure is as follows: Use the free program Handbrake to rewrite using Hi-profile and setting 18, next I run the file through mkvmerge(free) just to check language & text etc. Then finally if it has adverts and to trim beginning and end I use Freemake using settings 'same as source', excepting bitrate which I use the bit rate 5000. The reason for this is to get somewhere near the original file size, otherwise it is very small. Also using Freemake will give you the file type extension you want. Personally I prefer mkv, which is the most commonly used these days. If you are not bothered about trimming the mkv source from mkvmerge is of course fine to use. You need to use Handbrake to ensure the audio and video are in sync, it rewrites the header properly, which the Hummy does not! Hope this helps...

Hi jsrobo,
Thanks for your advice I'll give it a try. VRD is a quick easy to use utility but it is still not perfect. I wonder why VLC and the Hummy differ in the way they are handling the mp4, maybe the header info holds the answer as you suggest.

Hi jsrobo,
Thanks for your advice I'll give it a try. VRD is a quick easy to use utility but it is still not perfect. I wonder why VLC and the Hummy differ in the way they are handling the mp4, maybe the header info holds the answer as you suggest.

The other invaluable piece of software is tsMuxerGUI.

Back