HDR-FOX T2 forgetting recording schedule

Erp_Is_Not_Spam

Hi,

Twice over the past few weeks, my Humax has forgotten all scheduled recordings (5x series across various channels).

The first time it happened, I thought it may simply have been due to potentially rescanning the channels by accident.

But now that it's happened again within a week or so of the first occurrence, I'm suspicious that there may be a deeper problem.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Is there a common cause?

Incidentally, I installed custom firmware about a year ago, due to a hard drive crash and wanting to replace it with a 2TB model. It's been working fine since then.

I'm afraid I don't have the Humax here with me, so I can't provide any specifics such as firmware version right now, but please let me know if there's anything that'd be useful to know.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

My hummy failed to do its scheduled recordings last night. Looking for a reason I found that the schedule and favourites list were empty. I've had no notifications of programme updates or other warning of any kind.

The box has never misbehaved before. I restored via the CF and all is back to normal. Fortunately everything I missed was available via catch-up on my Tivo. I hadn't used catch-up on the Tivo much before but was well pleased to discover that programmes on catch-up have the ads removed. Why didn't I know that?

The box is not misbehaving. It's designed to do exactly this when there is a broadcaster retune event, as there was yesterday.
You may think it's nuts - anyone with a brain would agree - but Humax know better.

Argh. I knew retunes would wipe the schedule, but in the past I assumed I would be asked before the retune - I didn't realise that with recent firmwares the confirmation would automatically be accepted!

I can only assume my (custom) firmware must be doing just that.

But thanks for putting my mind at ease that my box is not on the blink. (And I recognise some names here of those who helped me with my disk corruption last year, so doubly thanks!)

I don't suppose there's any kind of announcement I can subscribe to so I can be notified when these retune events happen is there?

I had a retuning reminder on screen (T2) pm on 1/10, ignored it and nothing has changed since although I do have the 0420-0440 reminder too.
It's strange not to have seen a reminder on DVB. Not a problem as I'd already deleted the obsolete channels.

Back