HDR-Fox T2 Freeview box

Il give that a go, by reprogramming i take it you mean doing a full factory reset.
With the reset you'll get a 'Format disc' option - you need to say 'Yes' to that.

That may fix it, but might not - sometimes we need to use other tools to sort the disc out.
That's obviously not going to be somewhere you'll want to go (quite rightly I'd say).

Thnks to all for all the help and advice. We had a new Manhattan T3 delivered today, i set it up this evening....WOW !!! Should have bought one a while back, only downside for me is you cant rename recordigs or make folders, but thats the same with the FVP 5000 or Aura. I can live with that. Early days i know, but if its as reliable as old Humax had been for the 10 + years we have had it we will be well pleased.

by reprogramming i take it you mean doing a full factory reset
No! I'm talking about re-configuring the control channel the handset operates on. That has nothing to do with factory resets. If unit A is operating on channel 1, and unit B is operating on (say) channel 5, then if all the handsets are on channel 1 they will only operate unit A and not unit B. Swapping front panels would then have no effect.

If the IR receiver is faulty, swapping front panels would swap the problem. It's hard to see what else could be wrong.

See Things Every... (click) section 13 para 4.

If the problem is the HDD, the easy way to find out is to disconnect it! If the HDD has file system errors resulting in it slugging the system, one usually still gets some kind of response to commands. Without a HDD the HDR-FOX will continue to work as a tuner, and continue to respond to the handset (without being slugged).

Last edited:
I tried that today, didnt make any difference. Not going to spend any more time on them, i would like to thank everone for all the help, but enough is enough now. The new Manhattan T3 has taken there place, and up to now we are really very pleased with it..

Is there away to leave this forum please along with my membership details etc. Its been good looking on here and appreciate all the time taken trying to help out..Given up on the two Huamx boxes, they're off to the dump along with old tv and radios tomorrow, her indoors has been having a good clearout. I wont be needing any more Humax advice or help.

Thanks

Thnks to all for all the help and advice. We had a new Manhattan T3 delivered today, i set it up this evening....WOW !!! Should have bought one a while back, only downside for me is you cant rename recordigs or make folders, but thats the same with the FVP 5000 or Aura. I can live with that. Early days i know, but if its as reliable as old Humax had been for the 10 + years we have had it we will be well pleased.
No folders? Really? That's absurb! Lack of folders is an absolute deal breaker for me. How on earth can you organise the contents of the hard disc without folders? Even when only used for time shifting I find it invaluable to have each series in its own folder, and if anything ends up in the wrong place be able to move it there.

It creates folders for series linked recordings, but you can't make your own folders or rename recordings. I will miss this a bit, but the box more than makes up for it. while we wont really use the Apps on it as the TV has all the main ones we use, we like the Freeview Play Option. The Humax boxes and remotes along with several old radios, and assorted junk went to the tip today, sad to dump them but they had had there day.

Our Humax Freesat 1010 is like this. It creates 'folders' for series recordings but there is no provision to create your own or even move stuff around (I think - need to check that).

I suspect it's part of the broadcaster standard that they have to agree to and is to discourage people from hoarding programmes like films. Year old adverts probably aren't going to sell much :rolleyes: (I'm surprised they are still allowed the skip forward function actually.)

It creates folders for series linked recordings, but you can't make your own folders or rename recordings. I will miss this a bit, but the box more than makes up for it. while we wont really use the Apps on it as the TV has all the main ones we use, we like the Freeview Play Option. The Humax boxes and remotes along with several old radios, and assorted junk went to the tip today, sad to dump them but they had had there day.
If I'd found this thread sooner I would have made you an offer for the remote controls, several in my group of supported users are giving trouble on the OK button. I'm putting off repairing them as long as possible because cleaning them looks like a nightmare with no guarantee of success.

Our Humax Freesat 1010 is like this. It creates 'folders' for series recordings but there is no provision to create your own or even move stuff around (I think - need to check that).

I suspect it's part of the broadcaster standard that they have to agree to and is to discourage people from hoarding programmes like films. Year old adverts probably aren't going to sell much :rolleyes: (I'm surprised they are still allowed the skip forward function actually.)
I have stuff on my HDR Fox T2 that was not recorded on it in the first place, but of the three playback devices I have it works the best. All downloaded over FTP and put in appropriate folders.

If I'd found this thread sooner I would have made you an offer for the remote controls, several in my group of supported users are giving trouble on the OK button. I'm putting off repairing them as long as possible because cleaning them looks like a nightmare with no guarantee of success.
I did clean the original, was fairly straight forwar, but made very little difference, invested in a cheap replacemnt from Amazon, that worked fine, but was quite flimsy, in the end we bought a new orignal Humax remote, that worked fine till the box packed in, bought a used box wch was ok for a while then that started with problems, i gave up and bought the Manhattan . Sorry you missed the remote controls.

I did clean the original, was fairly straight forwar, but made very little difference
The conductive pads on the back of each button have one of two problems, they either have stopped conducting because they are covered in in a foreign substance (eg. tea, coffee etc.) in which case cleaning is the answer or they have stopped conducting because they no longer conduct so to speak, in this case cleaning won't do anything, the pads either need replacing with something that conducts or painting with conductive paint, I have made a Wiki page here :-

The conductive pads on the back of each button have one of two problems, they either have stopped conducting because they are covered in in a foreign substance (eg. tea, coffee etc.) in which case cleaning is the answer or they have stopped conducting because they no longer conduct so to speak, in this case cleaning won't do anything, the pads either need replacing with something that conducts or painting with conductive paint, I have made a Wiki page here :-
I read that page some years ago, and that is what made me decide to leave the remotes alone until they become intolerable. Disassembly seems difficult, and the overall chances of repairing the remotes seem less than 50%.

I would say that as time goes on the likelihood for the pads to need something adding to them to make them conductive goes up as does the need for general cleaning but I couldn't put percentages on it, however if you know your working remote has recently been soaked in tea then cleaning wins obviously

I would say that as time goes on the likelihood for the pads to need something adding to them to make them conductive goes up as does the need for general cleaning but I couldn't put percentages on it, however if you know your working remote has recently been soaked in tea then cleaning wins obviously
No tea etc spills on these remotes.

I would say that as time goes on the likelihood
of our boxes and remotes failing is going to get higher and higher.

It may be my imagination, but there seems to have been a flurry of people recently with dead or sick FOXs. Are we finally hitting the far end of the bathtub?

Back